I'm so super impressed with MSFS! Ever been curious about what the full potential of graphics looks like? LOD 9.00s No Photogrammetry melt as far as the eye can see

My friend, this is my 1st hardcore system in many years. I lived on low mid level since my last top end build which was a Q6600 (Maybe 15 or 16 years ago) I did a lot of saving and ate a lot of Kraft Dinner

EDIT: Don’t want to get slayed for this, but I’ve also been single for about 5 years. That might help too lol

3 Likes

Ah the good old Q6600 now that was good value, I was still using mine a year ago (in my wife’s PC).

1 Like

It sure was, I kept that rig going just changing vid cards for 8 years. A friend of mines kid uses it now, still running

1 Like

This is my Usercfg

Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti"
Monitor 0
Windowed 1
FullscreenBorderless 0
Resolution 3440 1440
FullScreenResolution 3440 1440
PrimaryScaling 1.000000
SecondaryScaling 1.000000
PrimaryScalingVR 0.800000
SecondaryScalingVR 1.000000
VSync 0
HDR10 0
Raytracing 1
PosX 1
PosY 0

}
{Graphics
Version 1.1.0
Preset Ultra
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 16
Quality 0
}
{SuperSampling
SuperSampling 4
}
{Terrain
LoDFactor 7.000000
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 4.000000

Here an old picture of New York so ugly because melt biuldings

Now some pictures just taken with actual settings. FPS is fine for me

1 Like

Holy, this looks stellar!!! Heck yeah!!! Nice job!!! Thanks for taking the time to share your results. LOD 7.00 is very respectable!!! Especially for NYC

1 Like

Indeed it looks good but you aren’t running into any issues with changing views? Mine is a stutter-fest above 4.0 due to the computer having to reinstall each view every time I move my head, and with the memory restriction

2 Likes

Not really, maybe FPS drops around 10 but is only 1 or 2 seconds but without stutters then come back to 40-45
My specs are…
i7-7700, 32 Gb, RTX 2080ti, SSD only for MSFS, 1Gb internet, GFC500 RealSimGear, t.16000 Hotas, TWCS throttle, TCA throttle, Alpha flight Honeycomb

Could you share when you can picture of this settings while flying over Central Park?

No problem, I’ll try in a few minutes

1 Like

A video showing performance when changing views would be nice too.

You can put the Xbox in developer mode. This allows you to connect from a PC with explorer and use notepad or any other editing application. Many people use dev. mode to install emulators and other applications only available on PC.

1 Like

you can compare to the first one in my previous post

I’m not sure this is what you want to watch, if not I’m sorry

2 Likes

LOL video too ??? hahahahahahaha

I never upload one video here. I’ll check

I have the video, only 70Mb but cannot upload

EDIT.- resize the video to 12 Mb and nothing. I’m sorry

This is the kind of stutter SU5 causes when changing views. Note the limited memory usage.

{Terrain
LoDFactor 7.000000
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 4.000000
}

RTX 3080
Ryzen 9 5900X
32GB RAM

Your Posts about higher LOD settings in UserCfg.opt had me thinking about it but I assumed it would require the high level of PC hardware you have.

I decided to try it on my system, i9-9900K & GTX1660 TI & 64GB of 3600 SDRAM .
Object & Terrain set to 7.0. 4K Ultra with only change is Render Scaling to 80.

I was surprised of how good it looks on my system (and even that it ran without crashing). Flight smooth and WT CJ4 handling great. Also, fly with Clear Skies.

I know there is a lot of Posts about the LOD issues.
This LOD setting is great. Graphics are gorgeous.
I don’t mind the far distance issues being discussed.

I fly only low altitude and rarely over 3,000 feet. I like to look at what I’m flying over.

Three screen shots over NYC.

KJFK , 1000 feet, Object & Terrain = 7.0, GTX 1660

KJFK , 1000 feet, Object & Terrain = 7.0, GTX 1660 TI -2nd

KJFK , 1000 feet, Object & Terrain = 7.0, GTX 1660 TI -3rd

Edit:
Also, just noticed that I can now see the Runway Markers. Never have before with FS2020.

1 Like

Thats not even photogrammetry, any system will run it like that without it.

1 Like

What do you mean?

If so, then I don’t need or want photogammetry.

Tbf there you are already pushing your hardware to it’s limits in level flight so I’m not too surprised that actually doing something results in those stutters. Some things Asobo will have to improve but they won’t be overclocking your hardware for you.

I find PG towns and cities are usually smoother than those built by A.I. They don’t always look as nice close up but mostly they look better overall, it all depends on Bing’s data.