Im still there: Limited by Main Thread

With 8 cores or more SMT or HT off is usually better but only if you don’t have too much going on in the background

It had been some time since I’ve used the mod that shall not be named (Back since it’s inception). Well, I went back to it last night and pulled off tlod 6.00 in the TBM on a 9900k downtown LA all thirdparty airports. LA scenedriver etc. I had two tiny stutters as LA loaded in during the flight. Mind you, I had 26fps on the runway for departure, but all was smooth. hit my 30 fps cap no probs. I flew at 3500ft doing 220kts. I’ve been stuck at tlod 3.50/4.00 in large cities with msfs jammed up servers. Running xenviro for live weather, another service not coming off msfs servers. Here I was about to drop for a 7950x3d. I might wait now for next round. PS there is a lot more that can go beyond ultra than LODs. So the moral of the story. Don’t use the mod that should not be named unless you like great visuals, and weight coming off the main thread.

Conclusion. MSFS servers are jammed. I changed no hardware. Limited by main thread is starting to also mean. Limited by servers that can’t dish the tiles fast enough.

See the link here.

1 Like

221 / 5.000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

Übersetzung

Hello ncbartschi how to create the performance cost graphic. The evaluation is very interesting. I didn’t find anything on Game Debate. game-debate.com currently has very long response times. Many greetings, Peter

Just to bust a myth: I’ve paired a 4080 Super with an i7 9700K and get 70 FPS on the ground, and 100+ in the air.

If you decide to crank LOD and other completely invisible nonsense to 11, then you’re going to pay the price in lost performance, but not increased visual fidelity.

2 Likes