Image stutter in cockpit view since SU6

same here, especially noticable when using head-tracking or mouse view, where you sometime doing a 180° view change by accident. happens with empty community folder and on ultra and mid settings…

1 Like

This is telling, I think…

I just checked, and for me, the stutter is every 2 minutes, exactly. Every 2 minutes. When I look in event viewer, under security, I have “services.exe” running a Microsoft Windows Security Audit - ID# 4624 - that coincides exactly with the stutter. So, its a windows process that’s causing the stutter.

Any idea how to fix this? Or at least reduce the frequency of logons/security audits?

Another update - it seems “Gaming Services” might be having the issue- Error 7023.

Under “System” in event viewer, its telling me that the “Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.”

This also coincides with the windows security audit ID#4624 (post above) and coincides with the stutter I’m having.

Not sure how to fix it…

Update!
I also noticed this error coincides with my MSFS2020 upgrade to SU6:

“Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9MWPM2CQNLHN-Microsoft.GamingServices.”

How do I fix that?

I tried several ways of resetting, repairing Gaming Services, none would work. All just hang. I tried restoring my computer using system restore, and initially it was working. When it tried to update with the Microsoft Store, it again corrupted the install and I’m back where I started. :frowning:

Here’s my test, I tested both vanilla A320 & A32NX.

2 Likes

I have been playing around with my game settings today and found that I have had to knock back Terrain LOD to 100 in order to remove the stutters. Pre SU6 I had this set to 200 with no issues.

2 Likes

Can confirm this. Jumping down from LOD 250 to 100 the fps was more stable. There is still stuttering, but would say it’s at “normal” level, as in what it used to be before SU6. However as I tried to capture a fps comparison between these two LOD levels, the 100 tends to CTD after there’s a big stutter from looking around. I’ve tried this for three times now, and it crashes every single time, so I can’t post a long video from LOD 100.

Apparently something in this new LOD setting is causing huge stuttering. I used to run Terrain LOD 200-300 before the update, and I never had stuttering like this. So for now, we have to use LOD 100, but at least we are able to keep or photogrammetry on, where others have to disable it due to low fps on ground.

Here’s a video, LOD 100 is short due to constant CTD after new settings

3 Likes

I had another thread going. But I am also getting these stutters since SU6. I am also getting more CTDs as I start up a flight, usually within a couple of minutes. I fix the CTDs by choosing another parking spot at the departure airport. Weird that one. I will try to reduce LOD to 100 and see if it makes a difference.

Same here. i9 900KF, RTX 3080 Xtreme, 32GB ram, Windows 11.

1 Like

I have the same double stutter after SU6. It happens when flying the drone as well.

Update, The double stutter seems only to affect the Hype H135 and 145 helicopters. SU6 seems to have messed up their flight model. They are on the case. Strange it affects the drone as well though.

You are limited by main tread, thats why you have problem with stutters, and the lod is increased with SU6, lod 100 is like lod 200 before SU6.

1 Like

Could you link the source of this info?

I am also interested to read where it mentions that 100 LOD is now the old 200 LOD since SU6. I thought that the LOD was now just extended beyond 200??

It’s in the patch notes, “dynamically extending the LOD by 14 draw distance” my lod is doubled at 200 against where it was before.

I think you may have quoted that out of context.

The complete text is “ * Improved clipping issue with close trees close to poles by dynamically extending the LOD 14 draw distance”.

This is more about trees???!

Yes lod 14 relates to tree draw distance as I understand it.

To have a 10900K anything that will exceed 45 FPS will saturate one of the precursor cores, I am in WQHD with ultra high settings and LOD set to 150, I have exactly the same results between a 1080 Ti and a 3080 Ti with exactly the same settings on the 2 cards. Satuiration of one of the hearts is equal to stuttering.
We are not on red dead redemption or any other game, the simultauer needs more CPU than GPU.

could you try deinstalling it?
this one is supposed to be the latest release.

Same here moving camera through different cockpit views happening the same also externally

2 Likes

Upvoting this thread since I have the same issue with this setup:

• FBW A320
  • UWQHD 3440x resolution
  • AMD Ryzen 5800X
  • AMD Radeon 6900XT
  • 32 GB RAM