Imediate CTD when Clicking the "Ready to Fly" Button with No Error

For the last month (at least since SU6), I have had this CTD issue occur every time I click the “Ready to Fly” button. I have already submitted a zendesk ticket that has not helped solve the issue.

I am running the steam version of MSFS.

My system specs are as follows:
Windows 10 21H1
32 GB RAM
Intel I7-9700K (no-OC)
nVidia GTX 1080 (Zotac AMP version)
MSFS Installed on 2TB SSD with NTFS file system.

I have updated drivers and installed various updates, I have cleared out the community folder, and I have uninstalled Capture One since that can cause CTD’s. However, one of these have helped.

This is the error shown in the event viewer.
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000b5c066
Faulting process id: 0x2884
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7df33238016c5
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Chucky\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Chucky\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: da0e21e7-8c68-4f24-9e22-2378ff2cc171
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If anyone has any idea how to help with this issue I would appreciate it.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

The exception code 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation. Search the net for exception code 0xc0000005 and you will find cause and fix’s.

Hello @Decimator33 ,

This is what I would do,
delete the rolling cache, do not only delete the community folder, but also the content.xml file and disable everything listed in the exe.xml. Also delete the folder that contains settings from mods. I think it was somewhere in LocalState or LocalCashe. It will only contain mod related content, e.g. the FBW throttle calibration settings. Delete all 3rd party add-ons from the in-game content manager, that you have ever downloaded from the in-game marketplace. Reduce your graphic settings, disconnect all peripherals except keyboard and mouse and reset their key binding profiles to default. Turn off all unnecessary settings like Azure text to speech, set all traffic sliders to 0, and spawn in at a small airport with a default aircraft that does not have any glass cockpit.

Assuming this helps, you can revert these actions step by step until you find the problematic one.
If it does not, I would check for Hardware issues and reset MSFS.

Maybe this could also give some clues.

Followed your advice and it appears that the CTD was caused by the keybindings on my Honeycomb Bravo. I reset them to default and the CTD is gone. Now I get to go through the process of creating new ones.

1 Like

Great to hear that your issue could be resolved,
although I am sorry that you have to rebind.
I am closing this topic as you found the issue.

Thank you for posting the solution.