Immediate CTD Opening Control Options (1.12.13.0)

The “oh so modern” MSFS is not able to deal with more then 10 peripherals?? Are you serious guys?

Years old FSX, P3D, DCS, XPLANE - zero problems!! If I had knew that before I wouldnt bought this “simulator”.

And looking at the age of this topic the devs are not very interested… Wow, this is just a shame

1 Like

It looks like SU IV fixed this issue. I have 14 controllers, and for the 1st time since the December update I was able to load the “Controls” page.

This was with the sim loaded the 1st time after the update completed. Will have to start the sim again later today to see if it’s a permanent fix.

Hope I can finally start enjoying this sim again.

UPDATE
Well, loaded the sim up today, and was able to get to the “Controls” page, and finally set up my Honeycomb yoke and TQ. Even was able to complete a full +1hr flight in the C152.

It took Asobo/Microsoft long enough to fix this issue, but I can finally start enjoying this sim again.

1 Like

Hi,

It is still the same for me, I have 14 Pokeys Cards attached and when attempting to go to the controls configuration, I still get the CTD. I am updated to the latest version of FS2020.

Weird,

I did not change anything except updating FS2020, and no longer have problems loading the controls page.

Just thinking outside the box here:
1: Are your drivers up to date? Like the Honeycomb if you use any.
2: Clear the community folder and load FS2020.
3: I read that there is a file you can delete that resets some stuff, and has helped some simmers with different issues. FS2020 will re-create the file when started. I am not at my flight sim computer, but the location would be: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

BEFORE DELETING ANY FILES, search this forum to find out which file to delete, as you don’t want to delete the wrong one and end up with other issues.

Good luck.

Thank you for the response, I will certainly look into what you have suggested, I will let you know how I get on.

Edit: I have a cockpit using Prosim 737.

Kind regards

Bernie.

The CTD problem remains on my sim after updating to the latest FS2020. My sim is a combination flight/driving sim with ~30 USB peripherals.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.