Import flight plan into Aerosoft CRJ FMS

Okay? Strange because the initial post said, you need to go over Sec-FPLN. Are you sure, you can import the .flp file without touching the SEC-FLPN Button???

I do it all the time. I never said to go to sec flight plan. I import from the Route field.

1 Like

Okay, thanks. Understood. Strange - Can someone confirm, you donĀ“t need to go over Seconday-Flightplan?

P.S. donā€™t load it from the route MENU. You just put in the name on the first page of the flight plan. I believe the field is called ROUTE. LSK2?

I type KLAXKLAS and Execute. Easy peasy

3 Likes

Ah! Okay - This could make it - Will try in a secā€¦

Okay! This works - Just type the filename into ā€œROUTEā€ Option. Thanks mate!

1 Like

Strange: I see the flightplan in the FMC, I can load it but than it will not be shown in the FMC (no waypoints , nothing). Also when I do it in the INIT Menu, where I can insert the Name of the plan f.e. EDDWEDDM , but the FMC will not take the plan with all Waypoints. I create the plan with Little Navmap and also by Simbrief and exported the plan in the right format and it is also in the right folder:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

Edit:

I have already tried reinstalling, but I noticed that when you uninstall the Aerosoft CRJ folder under C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ Packages, NOT all data is deleted. They are only in the community folder. I.e. to have a really bare new installation, you have to do it manually. Addendum: This is how it worked! It works!

[image]

You can also just type on the route section eg: egpfegpr into route and clock execute. That will bring up the saved inputted route.

The route must have been created in simbrief before hand and saved Iā€™m the work file.

Be nice if we could use the default flight planner for this airplane. I seem to have many issues setting flight plans from simbrief. What boggles me is they load the flight data even in the tutorial but when you spawn it has nothing loaded. This plane is collecting dust for me now since itā€™s such a pain to setup a flight some times. I love flying it just not setting it up.

1 Like

Strange. I can get the CRJ set up and taxiing in under 10 minutes. Sometimes under 5 minutes

1 Like

In danger of overstating the obvious, but have you turned the NAV Source selector wheel (on the left hand side, just above the altimeter wheel) to FMS?

2 Likes

I have already tried reinstalling, but I noticed that when you uninstall the Aerosoft CRJ folder under C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ Packages, NOT all data is deleted. They are only in the community folder. I.e. to have a really bare new installation, you have to do it manually. Addendum: This is how it worked! It works!

[image]

Yes thatā€™s common with many addon aircraft

Yes itā€™s an awful place but for some reason majority of game are using appdata folder for save and config files so itā€™s a normal practice.

I just bought the plane a couple of days ago, I really love to fly it, but Iā€™m not that experienced in setting up the FMS. Anyone knows if Aerosoft will include the default flightplan of MSFS at one point? I normally just start on the runway with other planes and donā€™t have to set that much anymore since itā€™s all preconfigured. However, now I have to make an account at another third party to make flight plans which I then have to load in via a very strange way? What is this for kind of service while paying 51 EUR?

Do you know if there is an issue with the fms now? I am exporting as a. Flp and load the way you suggest but nothing is loaded. Even though it says it has.

I donā€™t.

I figured out how to do this but I usually enter it into the FMS manually because of the way the exported flight plan handles way points.

Ill give it a try later.

No worries at all. Iā€™ll just do manual. Thanks for the guide.

This is the way. 4 days and much newer videos led me back to this. Thank you sooo much!!!

using the simbrief downloader created the folder for me. I was able to successfully retrieve.

loading the flt pln to FMS isnā€™t the issue, itā€™s getting the NAV to function. I end up using HDG to navigate. Any thoughts?