Importing Flight Plan generated from Simbrief

I found on Simbrief where you can generate a flight plan for MSFS 2020. YAY! However, I don’t know which directory to put it in so I can have the FMS find it when I load a company route?!

One way is to put the downloaded file in any folder you prefer and in the “globe page” (the planning page in the main menu) select load/save, then It will open the file explorer. Finally select your flightplan file.

3 Likes

Then how do you load it into the FMS? Do you have to put in the full name? Or would KATLKMCO work?

In the route selection page you have to go to load/save and then select your flightplan. When you start the flight it is all loaded up.

1 Like

What type of file are you creating with the flight plan? Like a .pin or .fms as an example.

doesn’t seem to work for me either. Tried load/save on the .fpl downloaded from simbrief. Didn’t even recognize the extension. Changed to FLT but when loading nothing happens. Ended up manually adding all DCTs

1 Like

It works for me. Put it anywhere and load it from the globe screen. It will load into your FMS, but you will have to activate it.

3 Likes

going to try that again then :slight_smile:

It should be automatically loaded info your FMS. At least for the A320 Neo (the i’ve tried only with this aircraft)

1 Like

I beleive that MSFS uses the .pln format

There’s a MSFS2020 download option on simbrief in .pln format

I tried that and the load menu also says pln files are supported, when I try to load tho, the file explorer window only shows flp files and doesn’t let me switch.

Am I the only one seeing that?

Pln works for me

1 Like

Maybe a weird holdover from the beta. Ignore me I figure this out eventually :dizzy_face:

1 Like

fyi
simbrief now has added msfs2020, click on the small question mark and it directs you to how and exactly you save/load the plans up …brilliant

1 Like

Yup cannot import .pln files while in the aircraft using the menu, only .flt I hope that changes, the tooltip states you can use .pln from there :pensive:

2 Likes

thats correct you have to upload from the word map page at the bottom, i created a folder called flight plans next to the one store folders, it asks you when yu load up at the foot of the page where it is and you re direct it

1 Like

Would love the ability load .pln while in the aircraft, breaks the immersion having to go back to the main menu.

1 Like

Found the solution from Vesper a member on the MSFS Discord.

To load a Flight Plan from the pause menu type *.pln and hit enter, your Flight Plans will show up :grinning:

3 Likes

Even though it loads nothing changes, ■■■■■■■■ it :frowning: