Improve AI Traffic at Airports

Yes basically AI traffic doesnt work unless you keep Traffic < 15%.

The funny thing is this bug has been in FSX (and P3D) for 20 years, so this code was just copy/pasted, I remember there was a little tool called AI TaxiSpeed which helped you increase their taxing speed. Worked great.

It really is such a basic and obvious bug but AI seems to have very little priority despite Jorg stating in every developer update that he is talking to x, y and z and he wants it to be like real life.

Even worse they have now started encrypting AI traffic files to prevent 3rd party developers like Aerosoft releasing addons to fixi it. Aerosoft Cancels Simple Traffic for MSFS | FSElite - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

So not only is it awful they don’t want anyone fixing it, seems this traffic is Jorg’s baby and perhaps also MS are terrified of getting sued for copyright so they are locking it all down. As if airlines care! They have a little more to be worried about right now than taking Aerosoft to court.

Anyway, I guess this won’t get fixed but mods/devs here is an example, at EGLL it takes any plane landing about 2 minutes after touchdown to taxi down the runway and turn off, all the while the tower asking them to turn off and planes are going around… ugh…

I do wonder whether the devs looked at it and it just caused too many other issues (planes going off the end of the runway) that they job to fix it was just too big?

I like your suggestion too but I think they should go further, each plane landing should calculate its braking performance based on weight, weather and runway, it should then follow this and maintain 30-40 knots on the runway until the taxi turnoff. And also larger planes should taxi at 20knots on straight taxi ways (like in real life).