Improve handcrafted airports

I was not rude to you for you to respond to me that way. I bought premium deluxe. I never said it wasn’t a problem with standard ones. I never bought a single scenery in my life.

I think you’re the one who’s not understanding how futile it is to be asking for improvement. The airports are default, that word already says everything. You’re paying for what you get, if you want an actual detailed and more true to life airport, you’re going to have to buy it. I know that you never bought scenery, but just go to the market place and have a look at how much a detail airport costs and you’re going to understand how great are the ones you already have for the price you’re already paying. Asobo would not and will not waste their time and resources improving airports which are already the improved ones. I would rather having them fixing the multiple bugs than improving sceneries.

I see the issue, the problem is, it’s clear you don’t see the actual situation. I never said they did a good job either, I’m saying that for the price you’re paying for all the default handcrafted airports togheter, you’re getting more than you should and wasting your time by asking for more improvements.

1 Like

The fact that they already have done a little more than a totally default airport is already a huge bonus.

What a strange POV you have…

We paid 60$ for 10 extra handcrafted airports, and then you say I should still buy them to get a better experience? Why would I buy the premium versions in the first place then?

(and the free handcrafted airports are supposed to make you want to buy the premium versions right?)

What we’re asking is still miles from payware quality though. I don’t think it’s too hard for them to put in taxi lines where they belong, adjust the jetbridges to they have somewhat the same shape as IRL.

Again, for something you paid extra for?

And then I’m not even talking about them not fixing bugs in the airports:

So, why would we spend money on something we in the end still have to buy a better version for? Sure it’s only 3$ per airport/aircraft. (including the airports we don’t care about) But that’s 3$ you spent on an airport where compared to the autogen version you now have taxi lines missing and such. 3$ you spent on an airport you will in the end have to spend 20$ to buy a good version.
I don’t really need the payware quality, but definitely something better than this.

No, you paid 60$ dollars for 10 airports and a bunch of aircraft. And still for 6$ you won’t get airports with the quallity you get.

They do have somewhat the shape as IRL. They are off by details and some other minor position differences. Have you even been to an airport that is not handcrafted? No one said it was payware quality, and it is not supposed to be payware quality, it’s default.

You paid extra for what you are getting, and there were free handcrafted airports too, you bought them because you wanted to, you knew what you were buying.

Hit the nail on the head with this one.

How can Asobo release an airport that is not even built properly. Just look at the jetways in the photos and tell me, do they look correct to you?!?!?

We’re not asking for custom jetways, or such highly detailed aprons, no way. That’s payware quality but what we are asking for is for the bugs and everything that can be improved on, to be worked on!!! (obviously not to payware quality) But the simple things like having correct markings or the jetways are placed in the right position, actually, really mean a lot, and Asobo has not done their job correctly so why should we not complain when there are so many things wrong with a “high-quality hand-crafted airport”???

Just look at the first 2 screenshots from MAD, how can you release a “hand-crafted” airport with bugs like that to the public??? God, I bet the default airport is probably better than the handcrafted version…

1 Like

When was the last time you went to your content manager and updated the airports?

And for your information, I’ve flown to many default, non hand-crafted airports and tbh with you, I wouldn’t be making this thread if there were so little similarities between a auto-generated airport and a “hand-crafted” one…

However, because I look at the auto-generated airports, and the hand-crafted ones by Asobo, you really get a feel for the quality, and the amount of effort put into them which in my opinion, is little to none. Yea they have made terminal buildings much better than the auto-generated. I trialed MSFS before I bought it and I still remember what LHR looks like without it being hand-crafted. But other aspects such as taxiways, markings and correct jetways was really not produced at all within the hand-crafted airports.

That’s the reason for this post, to fix the stupid bugs and improve the airports which should be a given… We shouldn’t have to complain repeatedly for bugs to be fixed. Like someone mentioned, they have time to work on other bugs n fixes but why can’t they put time into fixing their own creations, the hand-crafted airports.

1 Like

I look at content manager every time I start my game. I have the F-15 and I have FSDT CYVR which I bought when it was on sale for £5!!!

Never have I ever seen an update for a hand-crafted airport produced by Asobo. Never have I ever read the patch notes and seen, “Improved and Fixed bugs regarding Hand-Crafted Airports”.

If the customers don’t say something, then your left with an evidently broken part to the game which will not get fixed.

1 Like

Well, then you’re not looking at it propperly, because everything that came extra with the versions can be updated via the content manager. I myself have a bunch of airports to update.

Ok let me put it into perspective for you.

Before I made this forum post, I check for updates.

There are no updates, and my simulator is fully up to date, amazing!

I load into MAD and I see a bug, oh no!

I travel to other airports and spot more problems

Proceeds to make a post about it on the forums

Other threads are around stating the exact same problems as me.

And yet you have the decency to assume I don’t know how to update my simulator???..

Yeah, I do.

If I pay 60$ for airports, it’s no longer default. It’s payware, albeit cheap. (not so cheap when you buy the expansion individually, then it’s not 60$ for 10 aircraft + 10 airports, then it’s 90$ for 5 aircraft and 5 airports…)

Like Earth5250 said, my content manager is up to date. (and as far as I know there hasn’t been a single update for handcrafted airports since release)

This is an example of how a stand looks like at the handcrafted version of Frankfurt Airport:

The yellow lines are missing and the texture clearly shows a badly removed aircraft from areal imagery.

Why did they manually improve a dozen airports beyond the handcrafted airports to make sure taxiways are correct and such, but at the same time they are unable to include these stands properly?
Why are they able to pump out world update after world update for free, but at the same time they are unable to fix issues at premium airports?

The trailers for these airports looked good! They didn’t include the flaws in these trailers…

3 Likes

You paid 60$ for airports (in fact you didn’t because you paid 60$ for airports and aircraft) that are still default. And I will repeat this once again, assuming there was no aircraft included in those 60$, for 6$ what you’re getting is more than you should be. These airports are not payware quality, were not made to be payware quality and will not be payware quality, because it doesn’t matter if you paid for it or not, nor does it matter if you want it to be or not, they are default. You didn’t buy a DLC, you bought a higher version of the same game.

That’s like you buying a stationary set but you need to buy the rubbers and sharpener separately. The set works without it, but you expect it to be there because you paid extra money for the set rather than buying a pencil and ruler on its own.

2 Likes

Exactly what @TG015 said.

When paying for the game, regardless of the edition, Asobos advertised “hand-crafted” airports should come with at least:

• correct (not custom) jetways
  • correct/very similar markings
  • correct surfacing (colour/texture)

As a customer, you’re paying for an experience. Asobo, as a company should provide you the best experience they can. And I’m surprised that the best experience they can offer at the airports is full of bugs and things that need fixing (NOT TALKING ABOUT PAYWARE QUALITY).

3 Likes

No, that’s completely different, the first is one thing that should be there but isn’t, even though you paid for it, the other is something that is there the way it should and you bought it thinking that it would be something else, for lack of research before the purchase, and now you’re just complaining about it.

That’s like saying I should’ve done my research before purchasing the stationary kit. Yet, upon purchasing it after researching it, I did not get the quality that was expected. I should have get X, Y, Z however, I did not get them.

The same goes for the airports in the simulator. I should have got X, Y, Z.

X, Y, Z are parts of the airports in the simulator, that replicate a similar appearance to its real-life counterpart.

No it isn’t. One is a scam as it doesn’t iclude the products it said it would include and you still paid for it, the other includes what it says and you don’t like it because you thought it would be something else. They are both completely different situations.

Being upset about the lack of apron markings where they should be is a genuine complaint. This should be included. You paid 6 bucks per airport, I’d say getting custom buildings is good enough. Custom jetways would require more time and money.

You are going to show me your research that I missed that should’ve told me the premium deluxe was not worth it.

I’ll show you part of my research that shows it was very well worth it.

First they show you what they do to default airports to improve it:

Then they explain they had chosen 80 airports to give a special treatment to give an even better experience:

a couple of seconds later they say they selected 40 airports to go beyond that and include custom buildings and all that stuff.

Now tell me where they said they would suddenly exclude taxilines in these top tier airports compared to the lower tiers.

1 Like