Improved AI System, Supported by AIG?

Well there is good news and bad news from todays Q&A. Jorg obviously is sceptical about AIG (perhaps didn’t try it in another sim). On the other hand he did say they will get in touch so lets hope AIG will get the support they need to overcome the SDK hurdles.

3 Likes

based on the current state of the Sim I would be sceptical about the AIG Traffic as all xD it looks like the base Sim (AI Engine and Airports) are currently not designed to handle this amount of AI. But these are all things that can be disgussed between MS/ASOBO and AIG to find a solution for it.

2 Likes

Hopefully they do get in touch, the good thing was it at least got mentioned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question can be set to solved, at least the “contact AIG” part :wink:

12 Likes

I can’t get it pals. First interested in filling their beatifully crafted airports with lots of traffic should be 3rd party addons brands. I’m telling you, I’ve bought roughly not even a 10% value in products compared to what I used to, same period of time since msfs is out there. This guys at ASOBO are dealing this AI issue from a completely wrong angle. SUPPORT AIG!!!

2 Likes

Its a shame it took a Dev Q&A and calling out on the missed emails to get any action. And to blame performance seems off since FSX and P3D both have alot of AI with minimal impact in most cases.

5 Likes

And, to add, considering the fact that prior release, AI traffic (live!) was one of the advertising points for the new MSFS. Could have not been more false flag advertisment ever, the AI traffic included is just plain ridiculous…

4 Likes

When I first heard about FS live traffic, I was so excited I thought they would have all the right liveries and models. But no, what a disappointment, it ended up to be some random models which don’t exist like that hybrid A330 and A380. Also more disappointments.

2 Likes

lets see what we can achive together now for the bennefit of all MSFS users :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m laughing my head off !!!
This last update came with a bonus for all of us. THANK YOU MR ASOBO. An S7 livery for the A32N.
To my astonishment, surprise, etc… I open the aircraft.cfg and the icao_airline reads: IBE
They have put IBE instead of SBI !!! :joy: :rofl:
These are the professionals that have to give us the famous live traffic?
Please AIG, SAVE US!

7 Likes

IKR, I was expecting a little more than two liveries with no models… This is why AIG is needed.

Update: It is not even intended for traffic: isAirTraffic = 0

3 Likes

That KLM livery obviously is for a flyable aircraft. The United thing previously was inside the generic airliner folder for AI traffic, but it vanished for use as AI with the recent v1.15.7.0 update.

2 Likes

I blame COVID :smile:

1 Like

So basically no changes to Ai traffic in this update, in fact they made it worse by removing an existing ai united livery. wow. Not seen any KLM or s7 livery so far as ai traffic so your right…

Agree that would be cool.
Voted

3 Likes

Voted! AIG is great!

4 Likes

VOTED for AIG

Up

3 Likes

Which is good because every plane would be United since the update because now when no matching Icao in community folder, they use a random one.

I have A320 as generic so I have 170 liveries for matching real traffic. The issue is when I don’t have a match.

1 Like

One of the basics of good AI setup is that you NEVER ever use flyable aircraft model as AI. That kills your FPS.

3 Likes