Improved AI System, Supported by AIG?

I see. Well that was a disappointment then…

The lack of realistic traffic is still one of the biggest drawbacks of the sim ( which is amazing in many aspects). What disappoints is the lack of willingness at Asobo to change this.

7 Likes

I very much agree. Nothing kills immersion more than no aircraft or weird generic liveried ones.

Hopefully they wake up to the fact that its what a lot of people desire.

1 Like

@Kaiii3 will your models follow real life takeoffs/landings? Right now I noticed takeoffs usually average about 17 seconds til rotation with any aircraft. (Real life A320/B737 averages around 30 secs.)

Or are these limitations induced by the sim’s ai that cannot be modified?

we try to get the aircraft performance as close to reality as possible, but for now it seems that the internal AI system has some limitations we can not overcome with cfg tweaks

Sucks to know we’re hitting the same wall. I myself have been trying all sorts of tweaks and combos but the ai is pretty much unaffected. Hope to see your project soon. You guys rock!

will it help with AI control ( or now AI Flight Assistant) as well?

I guess we might release the open BETA even with these issues in the AI FDE, but not sure yet. Since this basic FDE has actual an impat on the overall ATC performance within the Sim and might cause serious issues to the immersion when adding 100+ AI airplanes to it…

2 Likes

It has a lot of limitations but it is what it is. Even the main simulator feels like it is in open beta too. Lol. I think people will still appreciate having planes that are better modelled than what the generic or ivao models bring.

Immersion factor issues will come especially during landing where the ai takes forever to vacate the runway. I tried limiting my aircraft in north america to the most common liveries/companies for shorter loading times and fewer glitches. And for animations I only use the pushback, boarding ramp and jetways to keep the performance high.

Overall I think the lack of any AI traffic right now will outweigh the glitches/limitations we will encounter. I will however suggest putting a big DISCLAIMER sign, as big as you can, that this will always be a work in progress until asobo updates those limitations.

A big thank you to your team for all the effort and hopefully with open beta, we can all work together to make the AI better.

Hi I’m new to forums but totally agree its imperative that AI Traffic is sorted and again agree about AIG Traffic is excellent. I have been patiently following AIG forums and they are currently in the process of carrying out tests of their OCI package (one click install) this package has performed previously first with FSX and now with Prepar3D. So folks keep your fingers crossed they may yet get OCI working with MSFS

2 Likes

Asobo, when are you going to get your “stuff” together and get these guys what they need?! JFC, it’s been over a year with a generic AI and tons of other bugs. Every Dev Q&A we’re hearing “we’re working on it” for months now…

3 Likes

Just a little teaser of what quality AI looks like…in 4K Ultra. (you can zoom in)

Early morning stroll, the cargo ramp @ KSEA…

Afternoon delight @ KORD…

18 Likes

the beta version of AIGs AI Manager has been released for public testing. At the moment only content (SimObjects, Repaints, Flightplans) is provided, but with the new ammount of AI traffic you will clearly see the areas MSFS needs improvement (incl. live AI).

6 Likes

I third that emotion… or is that commotion :upside_down_face:

BobM.

The flaws in Asobos AI system are really highlighted when using AIG.

Asobo should have hired AIG to write / fix the AI system the same way they have WorkingTitle onboard. Ignoring them was a mistake. Upvoted to try and raise more awareness for the issue!

Good work @Kaiii3 and team.

8 Likes

I agree totally. AI traffic is so important and is the one area well behind other sims.

3 Likes

Exactly - the problems were obvious before. But, the great work of AIG just makes these issues impossible to ignore and ties the hands of AIG to make their program even better. Please fix this, Asobo!

3 Likes

Asobo,

What AIG has done with their initial release is amazing given the limitations they have to work within. But despite those limitations my airports are now awash with AI traffic again and it really looks amazing.

Please, please, work with them to improve the AI system so they can really show us what they are capable of!

10 Likes

Strongly urge Microsoft/Asobo to work with Kai and team to improve the AI system. AIG has provided the assets so to speak, Asobo needs to work on the code/api/airports

For those enjoying AIG’s (or even Simply traffic), a vote for this topic helps us get to well working AI.

3 Likes

I use AIG, just installed the flight plans and then the Asobo live traffic use the new models