IndiaFoxtEcho F35 Lightning

And if you add the other stuff such as aerodynamics and drag then the advantage will be even higher and clearer for the F-35 since it can carry weapons internally and as such with no drag penalties while all 4th gen fighter aircraft like for example the F/A-18 will always have to carry weapons and external fuel tanks hanging on the wings which adds tremendous drag which has a tremendous negative impact on aerodynamics.

So basically and above I was comparing a combat ready F-35 with a clean F/A-18, the later of which will never perform any missions configured like this.

When should we turn on the formation lights?

when you’re flying in formation with other planes?

2 Likes

Mr. Mobias7,

As a retired B-52 pilot, I can assure you that the F-35 is actually quite capable of it’s assigned missions, all variants. This based on personal conversations.

Best Regards,

Jack

5 Likes

@indifoxtecho thank you for the Updates.
What is new with this weeks Update?

Could we have some (fictional) swiss, german, canadian,finish and czech markings?

I’d love all those liveries, since all those countries are slated to get the F-35.

Great to see developers who are constantly updating

3 Likes

I recently bought this aircraft and am now trying to get the Vertical Mode on the B variant going.

In the manual it talks about HDG Hold and the button on the left of the cockpit and weight below 40k.

Weight is below that but neither HDG Hold not the Button get the vertical mode going. I just see a short flash on the middle display when I activate it but that’s it.

Can somebody point me to a good tutorial on how to use the vertical mode ? Thank you.

This might help, 7 minutes long : F-35 Xbox Series X FULL TUTORIAL on Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

1 Like

I’m on PC. This video showed me how it used to work. I’m below weight in the B variant, even started with less, and the hover mode is not available when the STOVL button is clicked. I’ve run out of ideas for the moment.

Not flown it in a while, so I’m stumped now.

I had a update today to 1.2.2. Have a look to see what update you are on.

My game keeps crashing when I return to menu after i use the f 35

F35 had an update in the ‘Content Manager’ today, big one, at least it took a while to download and install it.
Hope this fixes some of the problems.

The new version is better. However I came across a bug.

During cold start MFSOV or Main Fuel Shut Off Valve is not available. When I choose to start directly from the runway, MFSOV does appear on the PCD.
See screenshots below. XSX

2 Likes

In your second screen you have the fuel page fullscreen vs the first capture where you have it in the top part only, if you make the fuel page full screen the MFSOV control is shown.

4 Likes

I’m going to check that out tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

I play on xbox series s and whenever I use any of the f 35s my game crashes once i return to main menu does this happen to anyone else

1 Like

I fly the f35 a fair bit and that doesn’t happen to me on series x.

Yes I have this problem as well