IndiaFoxtEcho Sukhoi SU-31

OK. I didn’t know because I don’t have the manual - Dino sent me a press copy of the aircraft, but it didn’t come with a manual. There was a separate link for it, but I couldn’t get it to download. So, thank you. :wink:

I’ve been having too much fun flying the Sukhoi! I’ve always loved the look of this aircraft more than say, an Extra 300. It does not disappoint. The model looks excellent both inside and out. I’ve flown it all saturday with Track IR, and it’s just so much fun spinning it and whipping it around. I’m no expert either, but it definitely is good fun to fly.

1 Like

To begin, Svetlana got rid of these awful wooden clogs. She prefers ballerinas. :ballet_shoes:

Now she is testing new controls settings and smoke emitting point.
Smoke seems ok, but controls needs a bit more work. :thinking:

At the end, F-GSUK only needs a livery without these big red stars.
JanKees, if you read me…

I found out the problem I was having. Clicking in the spot shown in your screenshot, I could get the GPS to show up. The issue is there’s another click spot right above that, which seems to do nothing when I click it. Problem solved!

It’s the one used to click on GPS display.
Glad to know it works.

On this May 9th 2022, Svetlana and her Su-31 are flying over Red Place in Moscow.
With a little surprise…

2 Likes

@PlumbGlue67
Hi colleagues,

Well, here it is flying over London, the long awaited (for me) Sukhoi SU-31. It’s version v1.0.2 and it’s not going too bad. It was a lot worse than the previous version from what I have seen in some previous videos, and after a brief analysis and communication with Indiafoxtecho, they revised and repaired some of the serious anomalies that we demanded in the first version.

It still has a sound problem from the cockpit: if you look straight ahead, you can hear it quite normally, but if you look to the right or left, there is an exaggerated increase in the intensity of the sound, something they need to correct. There is still a metallic sound every time a snap roll or looping is performed, something that is unreal in the REAL world. There are other small bugs that will have to be fixed; anyway you can fly quite a lot of bins but for the moment the Extra is superior.

Kind regarads. Delfin

2 Likes

Blue and Yellow. They are pulling their hair… Lots of shouting…

I cant say am interested in the Sukhoi SU-31? Its not going to add anything dramatic or different to the sim. We already have the EXTRA 330LT which in fairness is a cool aircraft and comes free with the sim. I have purchased two of his products…i also like his communication and dedication. But i will pass on this.

This Siberian beast differs significantly from the Extra 330LT: She has a stronger engine, is heavier, but the power-to-weight ratio and therefore the climb performance is still higher. On the other hand, she is slower due to higher parasite drag. Propeller effects should also be more noticeable. The Extra, GB1 GameBird and the XtremeAir XA42 are very similar !!!
The Su-31 is for aerobics lovers, the physics of flight is very realistic, she meets the specifications. I fly her often and with pleasure.

This has to be one of my favs in aerobatic aircraft. To the developers…Thanks for the update to the engine sound…Your response to my email was quick and greatly appreciated…Thanks many…I’ve had the su26…su29…and su31 in 1/3 scale rc…I also had some very serious chit chat with Clint McHenry and Brian Becker from Pompano Air Center in Florida while modeling the aircraft. They imported this aircraft from Sukhoi design Bureau of Russia…This is one of the greatest aerobatic aircraft of my time. The SU26m was introduced to American soil in the early 1980’s and flown in numerous airshows throughout the world…it is said that…" There are no known maneuvers currently known to man that cannot be performed better in a Sukhoi…nothing can touch it in vertical maneuvers, nothing can match the sound of it’s powerful radial engine, nothing can captivate an audience like this state of the art, technological wonder from Russias leading design bureau…Nothing…" Thanks for making this aircraft part of my MSFS collection and flight dynamics are spot on…

2 Likes

Is there a fix for the sounds on this module? When I turn my head the sound disappears from one ear. Turn right, no sound in right ear, etc. I tried with both Spatial and no Spatial. I have Dolby Atmos headphones if that matters.