IndiaFoxtEcho's T-45c Goshawk Released

Here’s hoping that IFE get this sorted asap.
Apart from the definite Sound Loop and Vac noise we love the Aircraft but would like to see Animated Pilots featured.

Yes !,… That’s more like it and the noise would be even more impressive with the Mike placed behind
this lovely machine

Oh boy, oh boy, this and the Justflight Arrow, it’s gonna be an expensive weekend.

Posts here seem to confirm what was coming sooner or later: Fast jets like this with complex avionics are going to make toast of the sim’s hardware requirements. Another few months and we’ll be hearing, “30fps–yeah, I can absolutely live with that.”

To be fair, any FPS complaints about this plane seem to be sporadic. Some people have absolutely no issues while others are reporting problems. It doesn’t seem to be anywhere near universal.

Because people have different hardware, different in-game setup different flying style and different subjective standard.

IE if you want to fly low and fast with many maneuver in trackir or vr environment, it will be more noticeable when frame rate drops happens

2 Likes

With all due respect. I know what a T-45 Goshawk sounds like in flight. They fly over my house from time to time. And it is not represented properly in this iteration. Period. There is no jet exhaust sound. It’s a jet people. It needs to sound like one. I literally sounds like a vacuum cleaner in cruise.

2 Likes

Flies like the mb-339, sounds like a 339 and doesn’t follow the real T45c flight envelope, so you are allowed to overexceed some topspeeds at sea level which is not paired with a subsonic plane like this one. But, despite all, is a great airplane with outanding quality and i recommend it, you will like it.

1 Like

DYSON + Jet Reverb.

Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk. 951 turbofan with FADEC RAF Hawk
Rolls-Royce Turbomeca F405-RR-401 turbofan T-45c Goshawk

nope its not

1 Like

T45 is really awesome, you can even fly from back seat. Its really cool in VR, other than the HUD issue.

Comes with lots of liveries, very accurate to the actual aircraft!

New Favorite plane!

1 Like

How is the flight model ??

Ding ding ding…

This is all I care about. How is the flight model? How are the systems?

1 Like

Systems are very close to real plane. You can use the actual Navy flight manual for the startup from dark aircraft.

The display screens are fairly accurate to actual plane.

The flight characteristics are good, flys at 540 kts flight level at full throttle.

It has a lot more usable features than other planes do in cockpit, canopy opens, side step deploy, tail hook works, launch bar lowers, super fun flying on harddeck systems aircraft carrier.

Graphics look great inside cockpit not like the old boneyard look to other trainers and fighter planes for sale. looks great in VR.

This is the T-45 Goshawk thread, why do you have to rubbish Dean’s F15’s all the time ? It’s getting tiresome hear you moan endlessly about it…give it a rest will you !

2 Likes

Just stating a fact in the review of the T45 in comparison to other planes.

Trolls gonna troll! I’m getting the T-45 later this week, looks like great fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Overall first impressions are pretty good. Model is absolutely gorgeous (probably the best I’ve seen), system depth seems good, and it flys well enough.

One oddity that this plane seems to share with Indiafoxtecho’s other planes, especially the MB-339, is that it doesn’t seem to gain speed in a dive the way you’d expect from other planes in MSFS. Stall characteristics are fairly basic, but that seems to be the case with most third-party MSFS planes. Probably the only addon aircraft I’ve flown that has really impressive stall and spin characteristics is the Flying Iron Spitfire.

Frame rate was decent for me, but I can see in task manager that this plane is very single-thread bottlenecked, often putting one of my 5.0Ghz gen 8 i7 cores at 100% and causing the GPU utilization to drop.

Worst element is the exterior jet sound, which is horrendous. It sounds like it’s missing the roar of the jet engine that is normally layered on top of some other mechanical noise.

Overall it’s worth a buy if you’re looking for a fun and beautifully modeled canyon flier. Hopefully the exterior sounds can be improved, and some optimizations can be done to decrease the single CPU thread load.

2 Likes

Anyone else have the issue of the aircraft refusing to lift off after attempted touch-n-gos? If I pull on the stick, I can see the horizontal stabs pitch in the correct direction, but the nose dives instead. let the stick go an eventually it’ll take off. Provided you don’t hit a building or other obstacle.

No never experienced that, what speed are you approaching and taking off at?

125 kts approach, immediately on the throttle and it refuses to lift. Happening to one of the other guys I fly with as well. AS long as the nose wheel doesn’t touch down, it’ll take off. Otherwise it remains stuck on the ground through 200kts unless I let go of the stick. Been flying sims for 35 years. it’s not normal.