Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Thanks, forgot to add that initially

This version uses the uprated engines so will remain at the current setting. Originally it did come with the 450 and we MIGHT do a version with that.

Yes I think you’re right. Will double check with our Flight Engineer. Ahh actually looks like you’ve found a typo from the ORIGINAL FSX release that was never caught :wink: Bravo sir.

I’ve had a few people have this issue so thought I’d double check our values against the 3D model

This is where the Pilot Camera is located and where it shows when I and several others load. So we need to understand what is different for you.

I’m going to add this until we get an official fix from Asobo for the Differential Thrust issue.

OK Going to send this to our testers for a little bit and then will do an update here for you all.

11 Likes

This, Sir, just made my day!

(dancing_around_where_no-one_can_see_me)

1 Like

I do not mean to bother you, Wookiee, really. But this passage here “will … be fully OP” does this mean tonight or will we have to #FlyTheDamnPlane without radio even until - let’s say … tomorrow!!! :wink:

(… and will the Nav OBS work then, too?)
(… and how about that lower gauge next to the radio stack - that compass rose kind of thing?)

Man, this waiting is worse than christmas…

Please read the rest of the post. Especially the last part lol.

Well I figured we weren’t getting an update again until the official release so this is awesome!

1 Like

Saw a Goose on the ground! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is mine…:airplane:

3 Likes

pulled these specs from a float plane magazine
max speed 175kts
cruise speed 145 kts
range 630 nmi
rate of climb 1000 fpm
fuel consumption 45-50
service cieling 21300 ft
vmc of 73 kts with one engine flight of 8000 ft
length 38.5 ft
wingspan 49 ft
hight 16ft 2 in
wing area 375 sqft
2 covington p&w R985 9 cyl air cooled radials 450 max hp
standard empty weight 6385 lbs
standard useful load 2315
fuel capacity 220 gallons
gross weight 8700 + 3 other unknown weights

1 Like

… how can we help you with this treasure hunt?

One thing to check is you are not loading by default in the landing camera.

Hello Oz…Thank you so much for this old lady…I love the sound. I had two hang ups that you may be aware of. 1. The engine woould suddenly cut off when in the climbe or when I thought i had stable level flight running. 2. I had an overstressed crash when all I was doing was a 20 degree banked turn to port over Hong Kong. At the time I was using Open Track. I have experienced similar engine cut outs and over stress with the Wings 42 Bleriot. Not sure if its a program glitch or my pilot error. Thought you might like to know though. Smiles

I found these settings on my machine:

[Camera Selection is “Cockpit”, Cockpit Camera Selection is “Landing”]

… is this what we are looking for?

Change it to wide angle and see what happens.

You might be defaulting to the landing camera which in some planes is fine but in others is set too far forward for normal flight.

No luck here for the close, cockpit or landing view:

(I changed the cameras.cfg to the original file firstly…)

But interesting to me is: the copilot view works just fine on the same setting:

Not sure what the conclusion is…

just flyin the ■■■■ plane

3 Likes

Thanks and congrats getting hooked up with GAS!

1 Like

There are a few things on the boil at the moment :duck::small_airplane::sunglasses:

2 Likes

It is snowing at my place today so I took a trip to South Bimini.

5 Likes

and the alternator from the co pilot board should be ON for the floats to work