Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

People have said exactly the same thing about the Goose “Why build an out of date seaplane when what the sim really needs is some study level versions of the Airbus” .

Variety in a sim like MSFS is a good thing and should be encouraged.

9 Likes

For the last couple of days I had the greatest pleasure flying the Wookiee’s Hangar Goose in MSFS. Albeit it is still a work in progress but it already handles and flies well. The engine sound is satisfying. I only saw a Goose once on Lake Taupo but there was an Albatross parked 200 metres away from where I lived and that’s how I fell for the Wright Cyclone sound. I look forward to the upgrading of textures, radios and autopilot. Presently the undercarriage and floats cannot be extended while the aircraft is on water, so it’s not possible to taxi the plane onto the shore after a water landing.

2 Likes

Yea that’s an Asobo issue since you can’t do that in ANY amphib YET. :smiley:

5 Likes

Noted, thanks.

Hello,
Since a couple of days after the last MSFS update my Goose starts to get uncontrollable when in the taking of after having reache something like half speed. It makes turns without end. Impossible to get it ariborne.
Als, when flying in another aircraft and then switching over to Goose, it immediately comes into a kind of spin and crashes.

Options / Flight Model => switch to Modern.
I have no idea why, but after each update many people report the same problem : the update changes some settings for no reason at all.

2 Likes

Should be fixed soon.

oh darn, I’ve just realised that I can’t advertise my own product in my own thread… OK Gotta post in the updated thread back in a sec.

Hope your wallets are ready!

2 Likes

OK Updated our Update post about updating you all about our first payware!

6 Likes

Just flew this again from Vieques to Culebra now. I forgot how much I LOVE flying this. Everything works beautiful and since upgrading from X-Box controller to a Thrustmaster TCA Airbus sidestick, I am having even more of a blast flying this! I REALLY hope this gets some more love in terms of radios and AP and I would be completely happy to buy a payware version. (YES, I am buying your Tomahawk tomorrow). This aircraft is like EVERYTHING I love about MSFS and seaplanes. It’s big enough (bigger than the bush planes and ultralights we have so far as sea planes) but not as big as the Boeing Clipper flying boat that it’s intimidating to fly (because of a need to switch to the FE panel all the time)… It’s that perfect sweet spot for a seaplane.

3 Likes

Hey @BostonJeremy77 be fair in your review and give us the ability to address anything you might consider a glaring issue. :wink: Big fans of constructive critism, no so much of anything else.

Yes this Goose project will be finished shortly and will bring the updated Radios and AP. Whilst our next project is not a payware Goose, we are considering it for later on :smiley:

And yes folks, the next project has a Radial engine… two in fact :wink:

6 Likes

Are you saying I am generally not fair? :wink:

2 Likes

HAHAHA Yes you’re TERRIBLE! :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, standard disclaimer I ask of all reviewers. Don’t ask for any favours or only a positive review, just a fair and honest one with the ability to address any issues before the review is posted.

2 Likes

LOL. I do me. You do you, Sir! :wink:

No favours shall be given, but it WILL be honest and as fair as I can make it. And if there are issues (and just like with anything, there will probably be some), you can read the review like everyone else and address those issues in an update. No advance previews of reviews… Haha. You will gain a ton of respect by standing behind your product and addressing any shortcomings you are able to address that people (not just me) will find! Sound fair?

1 Like

Of course. We’re hoping that everyone will have fun flying our aircraft, we’re not aiming to be A2A but we’re also not aiming to be like some other, recent, developers who just chuck stuff out there. We also understand that fun is subjective so just jump in and #FlyTheDamnPlane and when you’re ready you can then #ReadTheDamnManual to learn more about the aircraft and how to fly her “properly”.

3 Likes

Do you have an XBox controller connected? I realized last night that mine was causing this same issue after the latest update when I would touch the left control stick with the slightest touch. It would also do it on its own, likely due to signal noise. I removed the flight surface control settings from the controller (I only use the controller to fly the drone around anyway), and now I don’t have the issue.

Must confess. I did pull the trigger on my joystick while in the P40…you know, just in case somebody slipped some sound and visual effects into the game. :wink:

4 Likes

Sooo… the P-40 is out, does that mean the Goose gets an update very soon? :smiley:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Release: Big Radials P40-B Tomahawk

This is a Goose thread. You will find discussion on P40 in its own thread. Have you read the manual? Have you trimmed the aircraft?