Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

ok Folks, Here’s the plan.

THE P40 IS RELEASED!!! Holy smokes, it’s been a crazy weekend, but now I can FINALLY get back to finish off the Goose so here’s what I’m going to be doing this week:

• Reviewing everything in the Trello to figure out what needs to be finished
  • Working out a plan and breaking it into smaller pieces for weekly sprints
  • Have a weekly report of what got done (as a thank you for you patience, don’t expect this long term! LOL plus I mean, seriously, this is freeware!) and where we’re at.

No time estimates here yet since I can’t remember what’s needed LOL but LET’S GO GOOSE!

18 Likes

OK lets fix this first!

13 Likes

Some very minor things to add to the list -

• The thing that seems to confuse new users the most is the way the left and centre float toggle switches both work just the left float and the right toggle works the right hand float. Presumably the centre toggle is meant to work both floats simultaneously ?

• The throttle when moved with the mouse has a reverser position but there are no reversers

4 Likes

Loving this aircraft, will radio stack be working in one of the upcoming udates you have planned ??

Yes, it will be.

2 Likes

Caribbean Island Hopping by Pontiac51

As a little appetizer for the upcoming update of the Goose I have created a bush trip that mainly uses seaplane bases in the Caribbean.

The flight starts in Punta Cana and ends on Saba island (real challenge to land the Goose there). On your way you will fly over Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands (both Brithsh and US) and Saint Martin.

Caribbean Island Hopping Bush Trip » Microsoft Flight Simulator

9 Likes

Hey! What folder do you save the flight to?

I fly the Goose with VR. For me, it is the best plane in FS2020 doing a quick and dirty flight. Thx!!! LET’S GO GOOSE!

NICE! Will fly that as soon as I can. BUT! You missed a stop at my ultimate testing base - Vieques - that’s the tiny island southeast of PR. It’s practically my go-to vacation spot in real life. I have a house there. :wink:

1 Like

As usual place the folder in the Community folder.

Does Vieques have a Seaplane Base? Could not find it in the maps.

Nope. But you could always make one right next to TJVQ - there is a Mosquito Pier that extends out to the ocean and I have seen people land seaplanes next to it (granted, they were little bugs, nothing the size of the Goose!). DO fly to TJVQ if you have a chance. You will come across the Mosquito Pier on your approach, no doubt. Originally there was a plan to extend that to PR proper but that was abandoned decades ago. I am going there in August and can’t wait. Miss that place.

I’ve downloaded a couple of times and am getting the same result, you can see the problem HERE → Goose Gone Nuts on Vimeo All of the surfaces are working fine (rudder, flaps, ailerons, elevators), but when it get to take off speed, there is no control from the joy stick. On the ground, the joystick works fine (Saitec X52). Any ideas?

Doug/RTMM

Make sure you are using the MODERN flight model in your settings.

Hey, can I suggest something? You guys should BUNDLE this Bush Trip with the Goose on the next update! It totally adds the value - SimWorks did it with their Zenith STOL, Iris did it with their Jabiru, some unknown clowns ( :wink: ) did it with their warbird (that isn’t actually bundled/functional YET)… This Bush Trip will be a perfect compliment to a next Goose release. Just have that included in the package. I know it’s free and available and all, but it kinda adds that “official” flavor to it.

If only I knew the author of that bushtrip…

3 Likes

I’ll check that. But to be honest, it would mean doing the whole work again. It’s not just adding a point to a flightplan. I would have to create the whole route and ALL seaplane bases again.

No worries. All good. By the way, I am having trouble finding the spot on the very first San Juan Water Base. Drove around until accidentally beached it and it crashed. :weary:

As long as you land on the “runway” it is fine. You can “park” anywhere you want.

Look for two piers right next to the land runway, its marked with a small “O” in the navlog and you can also see the 2 piers in the 3D briefing pic.

1 Like

Is the “runway” a straight-line continuation of the runway that ends when the water begins? :wink: