Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

1 Like

Thanks
I’ll try that.
TG

CTD FIX (some):

Bit tedious, but go to your aircraft.cfg located here “Community\ozx-aircraft-goose-hd\SimObjects\Airplanes\OZx-aircraft-Goose-G21A” and with a text editor change all entries
“isairtraffic=1” to “isairtraffic=0”.

OR, in your sim option, turn off option relating to Generci Ai traffic and static aircraft.

4 Likes

Can confirm this helped dramatically for me, spawning in the Tampa Bay area which has several airports nearby.

4 Likes

Thanks. My one eyed dog told me how to spell it. That’s the last time I trust him.

1 Like

Worked for me… Thank You!!

2 Likes

CTD FIX METHOD FOR THE LAZY:
Go there
-Community\ozx-aircraft-goose-hd\SimObjects\Airplanes\OZx-aircraft-Goose-G21A

Find aircraft.cfg. Back it up somewhere safe

replace with this one.

Disclaimer, not responsible if your computer explodes.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

also tried this and did it the hard way … ■■■■■■ my fingers were tired after reentering all those zeroes :sweat_smile:

now the goose starts fine on a runway and also it looks fantastic in VR , the little world map on the left side is cool … but even better is the picture of marilyn monroe in her undercrackers above the copilots seat

Loaded Goose into an empty Community folder after MSFS update.
Flew straight off the drawing board.
Really nice to fly & the sound of the Wasps are something else!
Still haven’t figured out how to lower the wing pontoons, keyboard or cockpit switches??
TG

Preparing to land, out of Port Hardy.

About 6’ above the water, on a pontoon less approach.

2 Likes

Its some kind of switch in the cockpit. Im not sure wich one, i havent had time to fly her much.

I believe it is somewhere up above the dashboard.
One for each pontoon.
Haven’t found them yet, but I also missed Marilyn in her negligee’, so I’m going back for a look.
TG

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this! The goose is my favorite aircraft and have a ton of hours in x-plane in one. Super excited to see where this goes.

Also if this was a paid aircraft I would definitely put money up for it when finished.

Do you have any plans on doing a Turbo Goose?

1 Like

the floats switch is directly above the windscreen “eyebrow” so just look up from your default view and you should see four lights in a grid pattern … 2 blue 2 green … switch is in between the 4 lights

4 Likes

Never gonna go payware since originally its an FSX model. :slight_smile: unless someone make one from scratch :slight_smile:

Ah, gotcha that makes sense. Never played FSX, was an x-plane guy (still kinda am).

To be honest, Xplane 11 was just the best out there (before MSFS of course :P)

2 Likes

Managed to lock the u/carriage down.
But I did find Marilyn! :smiley:
TG

2 Likes

Ok
I’ll check that out.
Thanks.

Yes, that works.
TG

3 Likes

It’s posts like this that make me wish we could “follow” threads like this. This is of interest to me, but right now is not the time, but I wish I could just get advised on a periodic basis to revisit it until it is the right time.

Hmmpf.

Looks great so far, though, for sure!!

looks like your doing the same as me and just hot dogging it around alaska , this plane is perfect up there lake hopping and deserves some love for bush trips like that around alaska , i just wish i was any good as a developer to do such a thing but no doubt as soon as the community catch on to what a great asset this is someone will , no screenshots sadly from me as i was trying it out in vr and it looks better than default aircraft in vr in many respects but im not tech savvy enough for vr streaming and grabs

1 Like