Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Bottom right of posts there is a bookmark symbol.
Not sure how it works.
Anyhow, I have been asked to post fewer posts so I will PMHI.
TG

One last request for the Goose devs, then I will PMHI.
I looked in the .cfgs & it looks like it is set for Autopilot.
I couldn’t get the standard keyboard basic AP moves to work, ie:
Hit ‘Z’, turn AP on, [on my keyboard], ‘ctrl + A’ = Altitude Hold.
‘ctrl + H’ = Heading hold.
Can that be set up via a .cfg tweak?
Thanks
TG

Not a bug :smiley: since the throttle unit is a combined throttle mixture, engine will cut off at “idle”. You shouldn’t idle a radial anyway as you foul the sparkplugs. Set your "idle to 1500 rpm.

5 Likes

Thanks will check that

I refuse to use that site. I am however looking at alternate methods of distribution. Didn’t think she’d be this popular.

1 Like

AP and whole radio stack is INOP. Sorry, on list for next year.

Once I logged into Google the download was accessible.
Great aircraft, appreciate the work you & your team have put into it.
As regards popularity-
(a) Amphibian
(b) Twin radials!
© Well executed model
Couldn’t miss
TG

2 Likes

This will be a great aircraft, I’m sure but for some reason, I can’t get it started. I can’t seem to get control of the mag switches or the starters with the mouse button, wheel , or keyboard commands.
Any hints?

maybe I am making a mistake…I don’t hear anything and and I have some instruments blank…why? I am on runway…and after some seconds the engines shut down. I put all into comunity folder.

Working fine here sorry.

Do not leave a Radial engine at full aft Throttle. Idle should be around 15MP.

Try as I might, I can’t get the #2 (Right) engine started. Engine #1 is purring like a kitten ( a BIG kitten) but no love from # 2.

Mags to Both for the Right engine? Fuel Cutoff to ON for both engines (behind pilot head).

My aircraft are set to load engines running. You need to put in a bit of throttle to hold them running.
If I forget & have zero throttle & they conk out, I revert to the ctrl + E route.
I crack throttles to about 15%, hold Ctrl + E for about 5 seconds, until I get the left engine splutter, cough, buzz/purr.
Release ctrl + E & then in about 5 to 8 seconds apply again for right engine.
When they are both running, hold a bit of throttle open so they don’t die.
TG

1 Like

Even better! New stuff to learn :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This is honestly half the fun of flight simulator :wink:

2 Likes

■■■■ straight!

1 Like

or, you know, use the Starter switch to start the right engine… See the third post on C&D Starts :wink:

Glad you’re having fun!

1 Like

Fingers are programmed for ctrl + E :grinning:
TG

OK So looks like we’ve narrowed down the CTD issue being either:

• No SoundAI folder
  • Some issue with LODs

I’m guessing it’s the former and so have to try replicate the issue first so that I can test my fix. Hoping to get a hotfix out before XMas but that will be the last update until late Jan.

2 Likes

First flight, water and airstrip landings ok. Flight so smooth and sweet. Amazing work so far, thank you so much.

4 Likes