Initial Release: Grumman Goose G21A Redux II

Im in love with this plane. I took a short tour from Naval Base Ventura near Oxnard to a beatiful mountainlake nearby called Lake Casitas. Landed with good margins. Though i didnt succed in get down those wing-pontons. Maybe its only possible while you are in the air i suppose, i tried it after landing. Its a easy to handle and a amazing Goose youve given us. Good tempered as i understand a few can be quite grumpy if you intrude on their turf. :wink: Heres a screen i thought i could post.

And thank you 1000 for this one!!

5 Likes

Thanks for this plane. It is truly appreciated.

Answer on pontoons is up higher in this thread. (Post # 72)
You will not see words identifying the switches, but the mouse pointer will change , then you click.
The 2 click points, (left & right pontoons are separately operated), are near each other in a horizontal orientation.
TG

2 Likes

Curious what the prob with that site is? I’ve seen before where people uploaded models that they shouldn’t have but the staff seems to be much better about pulling those down fast or holding them for review now.

2 Likes

Thanks! Will try that out tomorrow!

I found it’s reversed for me as well.

Can confirm that. Have seen that happening too. The one site that basically steals everything from everywhere and everyone is allflightmods(dot)com. I’d give them a wide berth.
But the guys at flightsim.to are really ok IMHO. Got several mods uploaded there myself.

2 Likes

Thanks! I managed to get both engines started, taxied to the runway and got the old gal in the air. She flew really well but for some reaaon (pilot error, I’m sure) I could not retract the gear. Is there a hydraulic pump that I’m missing?. Let me know. I’ll play with her some more tomorrow. Great bird!

2 Likes

This is a very good Airplane…thanks for that.
Only one thing is strange for me…
Until i have my own Space to set up Peripherals like Honeycombs Alpha and Bravo i fly whith gamepad.
And there is the Rumble always on for me.
Guess such an old beauty have to jiggle all the way to the air in real Life but in this Sim it is a little bit annoing.
Sorry for my Bad english too, its not my native speaking.

Greetings Thion

1 Like

Well I might have to revisit but they were a hive of scum and villany with pirated stuff and google rips (against their TOS) all over the place.

1 Like

msfsaddons.org was really bad about that til they shut the forums off. I think a lot of those folks then tried flocking to flightsim.to which led to people like Dino and others getting ported copies of their mods uploaded against their wishes. It did seem to take a while for it to stop, hopefully they keep heading in that direction. Respect your view and wishes either way, even if I am a fanboy of that site :laughing:

Their rule on Google rips now is you can’t accept donations or mention donations anywhere, but… I hate Google rips anyway, I hope they go away. They look pretty bad most of the time.

3 Likes

Seriously? Never got that impression. I mean they don’t police everything (or probably anything) you upload, but I once wrote them an email, when I saw something freshly uploaded, which definitely was an illegal copy, and they took it down only a few minutes later and wrote me a short thank you note. I also haven’t seen anything uploaded there relating to Dino’s work which could be considered a copyright enfringement. And basically I’ve visited the site almost every day since I found it in September. :slight_smile:
About the Google Rips: I got the impression that as long as you don’t make money from it, it’s ok with Google. All the scenery developers include a kind of licence agreement in their files. If Google had any problem with those sceneries, I’m sure they would have shut that down months ago. They have the resources and the clout to do that I imagine.

Some really do. But they’ve gotten much better over the time. Especially colour correction and LOD has improved a lot. And loading times too :slight_smile: But of course some are better than others. I personally like them and am glad to have several towns around my home town covered now.

2 Likes

I think it’s the blocky trees that kill me, but as modders are getting better I’ve seen more examples that don’t ruin the trees.

Yeah the trees are a bit of a problem. It’s early. The modders are just getting used to all that. I think a year from now the quality will be a whole lot different. However my last FS was FS2002, so after that long a pause even bad photogrammetry sceneries look like magic, compared :wink:

ok, Oz and for the other problem? Where is my mistake?

Sorry I’ve been replying to people all day :slight_smile: Would you mind being more specific?

I Oz, I don’t hear sounds and some gauges are blank ( see my photo).
All files are on community folder.

OK Well again, there are now a lot of posts here so if you can make it easy for me I’ll have a better time answering your questions. I’ve just had to scroll up a bunch and try to pick out your post from all the others.

There should be plenty of sound and have not seen that particular issue. Delete the folder and download again. Extract with 7-Zip (Download)

1 Like

Thanks Oz, Problem solved…I tried it on Las Vegas, and it ditches on water very well! ( good Job! thanks!) Do you confirm that the radio and autopilot don’t work?

1 Like

Radio “works” in that your CoPilot can use it, however, for some reason none of the screens will work so I have no way of knowing if any of them work or not. Was considered unimportant for this initial early preview.