Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

i already have the Xbox app same thing is happening but i opened it with Microsoft store

The reason you need it is because after you press any key it asks you to sign in. So if it can’t find the app it just goes back to the screen. Glad I could help.

The companion app?

Hello, I have when loading the game crashes the game itself before reaching the main menu, as it can be solved

!!

I updated my post with a very special thanks to you. :smiley:

1 Like

at first i had a issue also where the game didnt download at all, the loading screen was just stuck but i followed the steps on the zendesk slow download speed problem not it started checking for updates after i restarted the simulator.

how did you solve this problem, what needs to be done to load the game before the menu

[image]

also reset the game after the steps If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following:

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘ Command Prompt
  • In the menu select “ Run as administrator
  • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
  • Press enter

We also recommend doing the following:

• Close the app and restart it rather than letting it hang. Note: the download will resume from where it left off (you will not have to download from the start again)
  • Avoid using WiFi when updating. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
  • Turn off any security software that may be interfering (UAC, Antivirus, Firewall).
  • Change the installation repository (from C: to D: for instance) or try creating a new installation folder in the drive of your choice (for instance create “MSFS” in your C: drive)

If you require further assistance with the download speed, please [ contact Microsoft Support ]

Ticket being flagged as solved instant is… wtf folks ?

Per the Zendesk Bug Reporting FAQ

Ticket Statuses Explained (Bug Reports)

• Open: The bug report has been updated. Typically, this will happen when you send a reply or add additional information to the initial bug report.
  • Awaiting your reply: The ticket is pending review by our team. A bug report will remain pending until it’s updated or marked as solved.
  • Solved: The bug report has been handled. Our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update, but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.
1 Like

Does this uninstall the standard version?

I understand why they could be marked as solved, but, they are being marked as solved automatically, as soon as you press submit. What if the problem was an entirely different bug, it would be marked as solved instantly and not properly recorded.

1 Like

The things is, I need a solution, not wait for a fix in who knows how many days.

2 Likes

I have a new issue I think. When pressing “Install” on the MS Store I can select the location, but the download never starts. Anyone seen that before? Have tried to reset the store as well as uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

I understand I am trying to see if I can get some more information for you.

I cant access the Premium aircraft at all.
I see them installed and up-to-date in the content manager but cant use it in aircraft selection.
I preordered Premium Deluxe via MS-Store.
Installation itself was flawless.

Yes I have seen this. On the top right corner you have three dots. When you click there you have My Library, and in there you can also install. That worked for me

It looks like I missed one of your replies. Were those event logs MSFS related and if so, were they in your previous ticket to Zendesk?

Almost 6 hours to go till midnight for me

Thanks lol

Yeh i been using this fix for years now