Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

I hope we’ll be able to simply make it work without uninstalling it. The strange thing is that I actually was able to launch the game and play the tutorial one time, and then it gave me this.

This was my experience with the Insider preview. I reinstalled my windows and now got the launcher working. However, I’m now staring at the TBM loading screen where the loading bar has been stuck for 5 minutes…

Edit: Downloading now. I rebooted and started the launcher as administrator

somebody got download the premuim edtion?

Did you have to redownload the 90GB?

It sugests it was installed so I launched the sim.
The sim ran the asobo intro and came to one settings page which you select next. It then says quote 'we cant sync your data with the cloud right now. You have to press PLAY OFFLINE.
It then hangs on searching for updates.
According to UTC install New zealand was ok to download on 17th Midnight. although the initial download didnt feel much more than 2gb.Tired and frustrated.
Would apprieceate help.

3 Likes

Hey, is anyone else having this issue? Not sure if this is the right place for it.

It downloads 1GB and says the game is ready… I live in the UK and I won’t have it downloaded in time by midnight if this doesn’t let me download it properly. Any ideas?

No, it was stuck so I decided to reboot my computer. Then, I was able to launch the game but only the tutorial was working. Now it looks like the 2.41 GB left are causing a problem again.

1 Like

Doesn’t release in UK til midnight you can only install that 1gb part for now.

Just received a message apparently it is possible to download already though officially it does say midnight tonight.

You just have the launcher preloaded. You’ll need to wait for midnight to download the rest.

For anyone stuck at a point during the 90GB update, worth knowing I closed the “content manager” window (x top right) and restarted Flight Simulator and it did not try to download what it had already downloaded and installed. It then showed 56GB to download, re-downloaded the file it got stuck on and managed to install it this time and carries on.

Mine states thats it’s “upgrades do not work on this device”
Yes there does seem to be a problem with the deluxe and premium deluxe version

Same for me downloaded the whole game with 3gb left, after restarting it startet the actual game but looked like there where files missing. After restarting it wanted me to update the 3gb which just says please wait for ever

2 Likes

Hello,

As the topic states, I had to close MFS 2020 when I was @ about 87gb/91gb downloaded. Now no matter how many times I try I cannot complete the download.

It just gets stuck in the Content Manager saying “Please Wait” w/ just 3.68gb left to go…

1 Like

Hello, I installed Fs2020 with no issue but when I try to start the game, I’m stuck on an infinite blue bar progression right below the tbm 930 on the main menu screen

2 Likes

Same Game Disc issue in India. Premium Deluxe here. Looks like all those who tried to shift time zones to download the game earlier messed it up for everyone else. Nice.

Hi there,
I’ve installed the initial install from the Microsoft store, but when the game loads it becomes stuck on the “press any key to start” screen.
The sim doesn’t crash, but it continually comes back to the “press any key to start” screen.
I’ve reinstalled the game, and checked my drivers and my windows version.
I am completely stuck :(.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Same. Lets update eachother if we get a solution

1 Like

Yep, same for me. Closing the game down a few times eventually got me in, but I couldn’t do much in the game. The tutorial screen was all greyed out, and the main flight map wouldn’t let me launch the game. There doesn’t appear to be an option for a repair either. The repair in Windows just repairs the 1GB updater, not the actual game itself.

1 Like

Same here. If you find a solution please let me know. I will update also.

It’s a bug and they are trying to fix it