Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

I didn’t even got to instalation problems. Got the same issue couple of folks reported already - launch the game, initial screen, the wheel spins for couple of seconds and then it exits to the desktop without any error code.

What I did (and nothing worked so far):

• reinstall Xbox app, reset MS Store, update everything (gpu drivers, windows, ms store etc)
  • uninstall the FS (1GB pre-download), install on C: drive
  • unplug all USB controllers, but keyboard
  • run as admin
  • prey to Odin
  • curse a lot

can someone please help!!! my yoke and throttle and trim wont appear and wont work but my rudders do. it shows in my sensitivitys that its moving but it wont work

I am not doing clean install to play this game i can wait for a fix

same here at my place,…

I was able to download the game, and in the middle setting up when creating the rolling cache is taking forever.

Sadly the same issue for me too.

Flightsim.exe crashes no matter what I do, ive done ALL the fixes, tried everything except a clean install, and thats where the buck stops for me, shouldnt have to do a clean install to get a game working.
And when I say I tried all the fixes, I mean all of them, ive been scouring this forum, and the subreddit(which is being severly mismanaged by the way, you might want to look into that, the mods are straight up refusing to make a fixes and issues megathread, which already exist and has more fixes than this forum), nothing works, crashes at press any button whatever I do.

Hope you get this fixed soon, cant wait to play!

Im still having issues too and feel the same honestly

I havent even been lucky enough to get the game downloaded, after the initial 1GB install when I click play it blue circles and then nothing and have tried just about every fix I could this is just not right

I have good news to report so far I’ve crossed the halfway part of the installation with no problems and i made sure to follow y’all’s tips including installing it from the xbox beta app and putting the content on a created folder in my case on my D drive

Its absolutely ridiculous that this is all happening Ive gone down just about every fix or work around for the microsoft store and the fact I spent $120 to download 1GB of data and when I click play just get a blue circle and then nothing is disheartening and upsetting, I havent even been able to download the game

I have this exact issue. Gotten around 15GB of packages so far, now stuck here.

Having exactly the same problem right now. Did it finally work?

Lots of issues with installation shutting down and getting stuck. Requires multiple restarts before resuming. I feel that Asobo / MS should have invested slightly more time in coding a proper installer. Might seem trivial, but a bad installer equals bad customer experience.

I installed the game this morning (from the MS store), all of it, and played for a couple of hours with no issues.

I then exited the game and shortly after I restarted it: black screen, with nothing in it. Just a pure black screen staring at me forever… since then I was unable to play again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but when I launch the install I immediately get the black screen.
I also purchased the Steam version, hoping that the issue was in the MS store but no, same issue; when I launch the Steam version (that is, the installer) I’m welcomed by the black screen immediately.

Not sure if it’s worth doing anything at this point; it’s pretty clear that the issue is in the game, not in my machine (since everything else works perfectly).

Curious note: I tried on my notebook too and over there the install works perfectly and I can even play the game (of course it’s unplayable there, like 10fps at medium settings).
I wonder if this issue is architecture related (my desktop is a Ryzen 9)

Yep I’m getting exactly the same message. PC far exceeds min spec, 312GB of HDD space, RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Latest new Nvidia drivers installed, Windows 10 updates all installed. Software downloaded from the Microsoft Store weeks ago and subsequently uninstalled and reinstalled several times today out of frustration. Using “free” standard version as part of Microsoft XBox games pass but would have happily bought it via Steam if I thought it would work. Been waiting a long time for this and pretty disappointed.

I’m running Ryzen 9 too and have problems but didn’t get as far as you as I can’t get more than 10 seconds of spinning disk after the “Press Any Key” start-up message before it crashes out to the desktop.

1 Like

Same here, and I found this:

I found this error in the Event Viewer->Apps and Services Logs->Microsoft->Windows->“AppModel-Runtime”

0x8007007B: Cannot create the process for package Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because an error was encountered while configuring runtime. [LaunchProcess]

I read people with Windows insider could install with steam, but then they face the downloading issue. Seems to be an issue between the Store/MSFS installers.

2 Likes

Have you seen this guide?

I downloaded the 1Gb launcher last night. Then I left the 91Gb downloading over night, and saw it at 6am this morning nearly finished. This evening I saw my SSD had 100+Gb less space. Great, the game installed.

NOPE. Not one ■■■■■■■ kb of the game actually downloaded or installed; I loaded the game up, and it’s now redownloading the entire thing. The space on my SSD even magically returned.

How does the BIGGEST, RICHEST, MOST EXPERIENCE COMPUTER COMPANY ON THE PLANET get this wrong?!

Good job it’s on the games pass, not worth more than £4