Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

Same for me… stops at 984.3mb every time. Over a week after release and not only can I not experience all of the expected and customary bugs of a new sim… I still can’t even download it! I also can’t get a refund thru the MS Store process! It’s not an available option. I could be wrong but I’m beginning to think the MS Store itself is faulty as I cant update or download any app at all. It’s a terrible delivery system.
I have gone thru all troubleshooting steps adnauseum and have talked to 5 tech support reps. What a horrible experience this has been. I’m very thankful that I have X-Plane, P3D v5 and DCS.

I could say I’m glad I’m not the only one but I totally agree with you. I’ve never ever come across a situation where even just the installation was so flawed. I begin to wonder what it is that allows some people to have no issues in the download and others have so much trouble.
I’m about to take delivery of a new PC that I ordered specifically for this sim. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be more than unhappy !
Like you. nothing I do allows me together past the 984.3Mb :frowning:

I dont even have that! Its a new PC… RIP. Oh well i might have to get FSX and deal with that for now :confused:

Oh dear :frowning: That doesn’t give me much hope then :frowning:

If you don’t have another flight sim don’t bother with FSX (old ugly and dead). Get P3D v4 or 5 or X-Plane… or both!

Not sure if this is where we can vent but the announcement about the upcoming patch is fairly weak. Especially for IFR flying, the planes are buggy as hell, the airliners are incomplete, the ATC is ■■■■ and performance could really really be improved since it’s inconsistent between different options/systems.

An entire week to just announce they’re gonna fix 10 issues a week later ?
Surely that’s not it ?

Sometimes it gets stuck - try alt+F4 and it will pick up where you left off

thx 4 the advice but ive literally tried everything from uninstalling to running as admin… its not my pc either im running a 2080 ti with a 9900k cpu. Just stuck on please wait

I had to launch the Xbox app on Windows 10 to get the install to go.

Still stuck on a update that just says please wait… been 2 days! garbage

Hello,

go to Zendesk and check some options there, FAQ. I think soimething was there about this issue.

(Only for players having installation issues)

Hi everyone!

As you may have seen already in the last development update, the team has been working on fixes for installation issues.

Once the patch will be there, we strongly advise for a complete reinstallation. We created a topic to give more information on how to do so properly >>> Click here <<<

Just to confirm, this is only for those who have install problems, or for everyone?

Yes, only for players having installation issues

HOW hard can it be?

Download will hang up every 2 gigabytes.
Restarting takes 6 minutes (restarting PC +2 Minutes (required so the game doesn’t think the update has been completed and tries to start itself), +1 Minute aufter clicking run as an administrator, +2 Min Intro, +1 Minute For searching for updates (checking update progress and restarting download). This means an extra 4,7 Hours on top of the 4,5 hours download time at 50Mbits Download speed.

And you have to do it actively. You can not do ANYTHING else. After every named stepo above, you have to press a button. And even if it’s downloading you can’t focus aón anything because you know you have to watch out for the hang up. And if I takes me 1 minutes to realise the download stopped the “download” time increases by 95GB/2GB=47Minutes. I cant even play another game on my PC because once it finally downloaded a package and installs it the writing process will knock off any other process which happens to happen on the same hard drive.

So I can’t do anything else for 10 hours. And if you are mad and actually do this because you paid 120 € for this game. (It costs 100€ in the USA), a package (which has been broken because of a download hang up) will fail to unpack and crash the whole pc.

Amazing how hard downloading can be made. Maybe time to include a refunding structure.

Upcoming things you can add to the list “Already tried” list in the post this replies to
created a new user
Installed on a usb from another pcs
Set “Turning hard drive off after xx minutes” off in the windows energy management settings of my laptop.
Putting power cable in and out of the laptop (which will hang the game up if you don’t stick it back in
Setting ASUS armoury crate software to “windows controlled mode”

And next step Im going to create a Virtual machine. Microsoft/Asobo makes downloading a science.
“Microsoft Windows on Microsoft Windows, installing Microsoft FlightSim from Microsoft Store” -> Must be an compability issue!

Edit: I am at a point now where it becomes harder and harder not to show emotions. This post maybe contains some.

1 Like

I feel with you. It was rather surprising for me that these days even the simple task of checking necessary dependencies, downloading and installing a software could be a challenge and even fail completely in a well known and established infrastructure.

Well, Asobo plus Microsoft achieved this challenge. I really wonder how others like Steam could handle thousands of different games with almost no issues in this basic part of software distribution through even different environments like MacOS or even Linux, while Microsoft fails with its own store on its own system.

I am really looking forward if the announced Patch/Update will at least sort this basic stuff and fix the issues…

1 Like

I’m downloading a torrent version for the data files to circumvent the download process…no idea if it’s gonna work or not, but having dropped a ton of money on this, I’m getting desperate!!

And there is nothing in the patch regarding the black screen issue when we start the launcher and that doesn’t even allow people to actually start downloading the game ? Really ? Are you serious ?
The procedure in the zendesk " Stuck on “Press a key to continue” is just a joke.
I installed every recent game without any issue. But when it comes to MS products… that’s the usual compatibility BS. We install a MS product in a MS environment for f*** sake ! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Well I found the solution: I got refund. I’ll use my money for something else.

2 Likes

same problem here, already reinstalled the game 5 times =P

Got it installed - after uninstalling and reinstalling - then wouldn’t start, would CTD. Deleted everything out of the “Community” folder and the game starts – if I add ANYTHING back to the community folder it crashes. I modified the aircraft.cfg files and tried doing one livery at a time – the game starts - but the livery won’t show up in the SIM. (yet). Still tinkering and trying to find a solution.