Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

Tried all troubleshooting yet the game won’t boot or freeze randomly at first loading screen up to press any button or just won’t boot at all.

Tried safe mode, tried without any software running in background, to no avail. Game just won’t launch at all.

any help ?

i will try that in 10min and will update here.

Does anyone else get an error saying the directory or path is incorrect? Its trying to launch from C drive but its installed on D drive

Let us know how it goes, I cant access yet for another hour and 10 minutes so no idea what works and what not.

2 Likes

Anyone know how I could fix my issue ? Game just refuse to go further than loading screen. I knew Microsoft store was ■■■■, but this is a whole new level

unfortunately, we’re out of ideas man. It installed fine for me. Have you contacted their helpdesk? Zendesk?

do they reply live ?

The rudder problem for the XBOX controller is still not fixed. See Request #22415 in ZenDesk if you are from the MS / Asobo team. I reported this problem months ago with many others and it is a shame it is still not fixed in the released game!

1 Like

My tickets were automatically marked as solved as soon as I submit them, won’t answer on there which is really frustrating.

Can confirm, send a ticket, alreayd tagged as solved… LMAO, what is this ■■■■ support ?

Hi @Mykro1584

Have you tried the steps outlined in this article? https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015879160-How-to-troubleshoot-crashes-CTDs-at-the-loading-screen

If you have and it doesn’t work, could you please look in your event viewer to see if errors are being thrown by the sim. If they are, please create a support ticket on Zendesk with your crash log. Instructions

Please @Nyx1819 and let me know if either of these steps help!

Same here too.

Same here m8, 3,68 gb left and just say please wait. I’m losing my paciencie

Still says “Please Wait…” everytime, it’s so frustrating, what can I do? I’ve tried deleting files, still nothing.

It still says Insert your game disk.

Here a little help for solving Windows store problems for all who tried to change region/ time zone and that somehow messed up your store:

1. Type Powershell in Windows Search. Right-click and select Run as administrator.
  2. Type in the following command in the Powershell “Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}”
  3. Restart your PC after this process ends.

After that, Store downloaded the MSFS launcher again and let’s you know that you will be able to install it properly once it becomes available in your region.

And very special thanks to @DiscreteDeer236 who with his previous post made me google how to fix the store.

5 Likes

Well given fact that it’s now 1hour away for me… i’ll apply this I think…

Via the “Add or remove programs” bit of Windows Settings.

1 Like

@Nyx1819 Froze on black screen at very beginning, without any error in event viewer

can confirm its work! you have to download it manuly on the contect Manager

3 Likes