Installation issues

I’ve decided to just uninstall the game and chargeback my card since steam is refusing to refund me. I’m not going to reinstall a game that took me a week to install. Thanks everyone for your help.

OK, understand your frustration. Based on our conservations, you have tried every single trick I have sought, tired, and done over the 30 months this game has been on the street. At some point, during that time, it should have worked, and performed as it should. It does not, and that also has been my chief complaint since release, possibly millions of different hardware configurations, and just a general one page flow chart saying this is what kind of performance you should have if you have this hardware. No TESTING, NO TEST RESULTS, NO Specifications, no manual, no settings guide, no list of programs, which prevent it from working, no list of hardware devices which prevent it from working. NOTHING of a technical nature to outline to anyone why it MIGHT NOT WORK. In other words, no path to take to fix it. Just saw this link - you might try some of it’s tricks if you want to mess with it some more. - Performance Boost Tricks - Flight Simulator Blog

However, when I reached that point right after game was released, I talked to a friend (Plane Designer) who told me X-plane works way better, not as pretty, but better. I can testify to that statement then, and the release 12 now. If still want to fly. go find X-plane and buy direct from them, it downloads fine and setting up flight stuff took me 30 minutes initially, then easier next time, as I reset system twice in last year, each time easy.

This game can be hair pulling out, frustrating and a number of other things. Happy flying anyway. MS71