Installation Manager for WU6 1.19.8.0 gets to 98% then goes back to 37% and counts up again

same here; never had any trouble with updates before; now I have an error on the app, sim needs to be reinstalled … and here we go 111gb

All - If interested. Clean install, presently at 21+GB and 16%. However, I had removed MSFS, and cleaned out every folder that referenced it. No comminity folder since game was gone. Ad Nausiaum I have asked, zendesked, and who knows what else god to apply to. That asobo/MS, move these files to a server which we can log into, break them up to managable parts and let us download them at OUR leisure. This then stops the forced download from the game itself. It puts control of the downloading in the USER’S hands where it belongs, SINCE WE PAID for the provilidge of buying this game. FOR ME, this will be my last shot, it works, and I mean everything works, joystick, throttle quadrant, mouse, keyboard, or I am chucking this whole thing in the trash. Then undecieded on FSX, PD3, or X-Plane, because I know for a FACT, THEY ALL WORK. FSX is already on PC now and flying it routinely with C-17, all over world. Currently plane in SFO, heading to Nellis AFB tonight. Thinking about XP because the C-17 is more full featured, pilots PC and FMC can be made to work. It bugs me to no end, that after a year, this game, is still not working as it should. Like previous poster, QUIT UPDATING WORLD, FIX THIS GAME. If necessary charge extra for world updates, FIX THIS GAME.

2 Likes

I agree with you ; I’m sorry for the money but I’m really thinking about quitting this mess.

Endless loops and re-starts just to install an update?? And all I see on these updates are things I’m really not interested in like flight tutorials, etc.

We should have an option to add tutorials, lessons, and content like that. Not forced to install these if we’re not going to do them.

I’d like to just install the core sim and get that updated instead of aviator repaints, xbox repaints, tutorials, ad nauseum. It’s hard to stay interested in this constant challenge just to download a mandatory update.

all of that because of this catastrophic update

1 Like

This was a disaster for me, after deleting and re install it keeps going in a loop…I want my money back. I suppose all my 160+ hours of flight time and all my trips have been lost too. Whats the point Microsoft?

1 Like

Personal Comments:

Originally I had only the 2.6GB to download after a 280MB update in the Steam Client.

3x I had to pause and restart as the Installer would get to about 90 percent of the 2.6GB and then loop back to about 10-12 percent. By pause and exit, I managed to get within 600MB of the download finishing.

Then my A/V decided that the constant write to my Steam Library translated to FS being a malicious executable trying to encrypt ransomware and stopped the install dead. I built an exception in the A/V rules and restarted.
Then I was presented with a 15.6GB update just like many others here. Notably that meant downloading ALL the updates since 1.16.xx all the way to 1.19.x.x today.

I thought then that the A/V had corrupted most of the install hence FS sent me that far back. But looking at all the similar posts here and the same size install, I can’t help but think this is the back end “logic” that detects someone is having real problems keeping up with simultaneous download while decompressing and forces a clean update. I just wish my breakpoint happened at a version higher than 1.16 but at the end of the day, I completed the WU6 download. That fallback logic I’ve seen before as I’ve had very problematic update installs since SU4. Everytime, the installer needs about 2-3 failed attempts before it lowers the aggressiveness of the download and forces a sequential download of each and every part, and only then when it’s all down, does it start to decompress.

I do have to say, it’s best to pause and exit the Installer, if you’re like me trying to increment progress slowly. That only worked one time and I think it was SU4.

1 Like

This is beyond a joke, one of the most expensive games i’ve ever bought and it becomes unplayable every time theres an update - should have an option to skip the update if they can’t actually make it work. Sort it out Asobo

5 Likes

I have had a similar experience with every recent (or any actually) update since I started using the sim. Not withstanding the fiasco of needing another Xbox app just to get the MS store update to show in the first place… 20-30mins trying to find the answer to that.

Made sure my overclock was disabled.
Renamed the community folder.
Set Nvidia settings to limit the frame rate while the update takes place - I don’t need my GPU to melt!
Run windows in a clean boot situation.
Powered my pc down, router off.
Power router back up, let it re-establish connection and settle.
Pc back on, double check windows is still up to date, same with the ms store.
Run the sim and start the update… got to 98% completion and got stuck in a loop.
Pause the update, then closed the sim window.
Restart the sim, only to be presented with an update of 60+ Gb. Still waiting for that to complete…

I am at a loss as to what else I can possibly do for the update process to complete successfully first time. Do I need to sacrifice a virgin or something?

Can’t believe how many times I have already typed this: I really do see the potential for MSFS as a sim platform, it is exceptionally good in a number of areas, but these basic and fundamental issues are starting to wear a little thin now.

I am really bored of feeling it necessary to sit here and nursemaid the update process for it to inevitably fail when each update is released. It is BS to have to ping pong between the MS Store and sim, THEN for it to be necessary to install more bloat ware in the form of the xbox app.
It should be as simple as being informed an update is necessary, check the install location then hit go.

Presently at 36.84GB and 27%. I have very, very slow internet. This will not be done by morning, about noon tomorrow. ASOBO, please note, if this fails, stops, loops, I AM DONE. I am going to politely ask for money back, lets hope that works, because you do not want me to attempt it another way because I am going for CA with attorney. And, turst me as frustrated as all the useers are around the world, we will win. I suggest you seriously take the complaints to heart, and get this fixed. YES, I realize this is a game, but, seriously, really, after a year, it should work. Yet, users are faced repeatedly with the same issues every update cycle. If this was any other company, you would be gone. Now, anyone for how long this post stays up?

4 Likes

mine too it was stuck at 98 and returns back in 37-42 again and i tried pausing the update but not working

Same. Stuck in an endless loop. Tried to install for 3h now. First DL was 2.67GB - loop. Restart, new DL 700MB - loop. Restart, new DL 46GB - doesnt even start to DL. Restart, new DL 15,61GB - new loop…sigh. Trying again now…this time a 7,92GB DL…

What a joke!

2 Likes

just like me… now it has deleted all the steam library and reinstalls 136 GB !!!

I’m not even going to bother with this crap till they put out a Hotfix…Is this what is expected every fffn SU or WU now… :■■■■:

1 Like

I have the same issue, was looking forward to a new update this morning, now the update has taken up most of my morning. This is unacceptable even if it is related to my own actions. I don’t know what to do anymore and it renders the game itself useless until a solution has finally been found. First, 2,67 GB then 43 MB or something, now 15 GB, but it seems to have worked now…yes, it has finally phewwwwww…

so finally got mine to work last night - turns out even if you have automatic updates on for windows you need to go into update and do the 21H1 update as it’s currently optional - made me download about 13GB in the end but it worked. hopefully it works for all of you guys too.

1 Like

Can you explain what you did here on your PC to fix the issue, like everyone else, I’m stuck at the 98%.

Got all the way to 54.2gb downloaded after a 3 hour wait, installer began decompressing and returned to 0%. It now wants to do 63.16gb, for a game that’s now been out for nearly a year i don’t think a lot of the customers were happy, starting to see the flop that was Microsoft Flight.

1 Like

i just restarted the game but mine worked a while close the game at 98 and try again

Yes - AGAIN, I have tried FOUR times to get this bloody update done. Each time it’s a stop and loop at 98%. Now it would like to download 67GB, this REALLY MUST be sorted out. This sim is over a year old now and on each occasion I needed to update [MANDATED!!!] the software, this ■■■■■■ situation occurs. Come on MS, get this sorted. I am sure it is doing little for your reputation !!! I will give you “NUL Points”.

2 Likes