Instruments screens are black

I have an instrument issue with a few planes. I can’t get the screens on (the screens of the plane are black). Has anyone had the same issue? Could anybody help me please?

Sometimes that can be caused by a conflict between a default or modded aircraft and the one of the Working Title avionics add-on packages (G1000, 3000, etc.) Do you have any of these things?

No, I don’t have any add-on package

Which aircraft?
Are you starting the flight with the engines running or at the parking position?

the aircraft: mostly all the small ones (not the airbus basically).
I am starting the flight with engines running, then I take off and in the middle of the flight I see the problem. Any idea how to solve it?

1 Like

So you mean the aircraft that have Garmin glass panels in them have the panels go dark after flying for some amount of time? The dial type gauges are also known as instruments so just clarifying. I’m guessing all the dial type instruments are fine and it’s just your screens going dark?

If so, are you turning on your generator(s)? Batteries running down is simulated and if your generator(s) aren’t charging the battery, panels will go dark. The dial gauges will mostly all work since few need electrical power to operate.

Might be some bug, too. Just spotted this: Cirrus SR22 MFD Blank Screen

Hi N7783L, yes it’s just the screens going dark!

Your answer seems a good explanation for my problem. I am not turning on the generators (didn’t know that was simulated!, this is so real). Could you provide more details about generators? (how to turn them on, when should I do it, etc).

Thanks a lot!

Should be a switch somewhere on your dash near the battery switch(es). I turn it/them on just after start.

I also had this “problem”… maybe you have the same
In my case I had a 747 Profile for my BRAVO Throttle active, and there one switch was assigned to the AVIONICS switch This switch was OFF … I never realized that
I took some me some time , I even contacted ZENDESK … but then I realized it myself
turned the switch ON … and G3000 came to life ( sometimes it is so simple )

So look in all our Profiles, whether the AVIONICS switch is assigned to a button you are not aware off

If you have Honeycomb Bravo and start the engine on with the “key”, you must turn it back to “both” position after the start. If you don’t, the starter is on and empties your battery. It happened to me too “facepalm”

Ok good to know, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Closing topic as issue was marked by OP as solved.