Intermittent: All assistance options automatically gets set to easy every time you relaunch the sim or sometimes between flights

Reproduced: any changes in content manager → all assist options reset to easy.
apologies for the meme reference

7 Likes

Installed the update today. Smooth 45 minute process. Waiting just one night of sleep before updating is SO RELAXING !!!

Updated … quit to desktop … restart computer … start MSFS … all previous setting CORRECT on hard like always

Start updating the content manager ( 9 updates )
Checking assistance … all INCORRECT on EASY … adjusted back to hard again

Back to desktop … restart computer … start MSFS …. Assistance all CORRECT on hard

Quit to desktop add CRJ / Navigraph / ship ai / ai liveries / EKBI … with mod manager.

Starting MSFS again … Assistance CORRECT on hard

Starting EHAM-EKBI

Will edit when ghing are changed again

Same here. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Assistance items I always have set to hard, I hate the hud display on in third person (external) views, but it turns itself back on every time I restart the sim. When I signed up to be an alpha tester over a year ago I didn’t think I would still be doing it 7 updates into the “finished” product. It is absurd how much stuff they break when they update, and I swear, they aren’t even bothering to have testers flush out bugs. Why pay testers to do it when the community will just be forced to do it for free. beyond pi$$ed. Worse yet, I have just noticed even AFTER turning off some options they stay on anyway, even though they are “off” on the menu… I just landed the F18 and it turns off taxiways entirely on its own. I cant even control it when taxiing! W T F ?

1 Like

its not as simple as you say, not everyone has that issue, so if they dotn have the issue
on their computers they wont see it.
i am certainly not defending aspobo/ms, i am staerting to lose confidence in thsi whole project, way way too many issues after more than one year.

Just fired up again this morning after updating and flying fine** last night.
Go to Content Manage out of habit and see 2 aircraft have updates, updated.
Spawn in at my ‘home’ airport, to find the assistance options have been reset, but not just reset…

… unable to change some of them!

When I see xxx.xxx_xxx_xxx in the GUI, that shows laziness from the devs and lack of QA to me.

** = minus all the other reported issues

3 Likes

This happened to me as well, but it was during the Mirimar landing challenge. I thought it was a feature of the challenge.

Same issue after updates

1 Like

Well, this same bug is happening to a lot of people posting at AVSIM. Please take a look here:

Don’t think is happening in a “few rare cases”

1 Like

Same here. Absolutely frustrating.

1 Like

If you touch any slider, the settings will be reset !!! :angry:

All my assistance settings were reset after the update, changed them back to where I had them, closed the sim, all reset to easy again, changed them back, closed the sim and now they remain at what I want them, go figure, after 2-3 close and start they don’t revert back to easy anymore.

For me after testing today, I could reproduce the following:

• msfs app restart does not change assistance settings back to EASY
  • PC reboot does not change settings back to EASY
  • delete package via content manager (G1000 NXi) - DOES change settings to EASY
  • re-installed package via content manager (G1000 NXi) does not change settings back to EASY

Anyway, there seems to be another trigger for reset - but don’t know yet, what caused the reset on my machine.

just to narrow it down: which sliders causes the reset for you?

I tested a slider in the general options menu (render scale) as well as in-flight (fuel panel) - for me, this does not reset assistance to EASY. At least in my setting.

Not sure the original issue is caused by any sliders. I launched the updater, it updated MSFS to SU7, I then updated the rest of the stuff via Content Manager and when all downloading finished I immediately went to options->assistance without touching anything else in between (as I had already read about this issue). All settings were set to Easy.

Potentially something else may be reverting them to Easy after we’ve changed them back to Hard or Custom or whatever, although the core root cause may be the same for both issues. It could be related to Content Manager, who knows. I’ll do some more testing today.

By now many of us must have spent more time debuging this title rather than flying. I know I have. Sometimes I like doing someone else’s job, but not this time.

1 Like

I can confirm that this seems to occur only when restarting after updating in the Content Manager.

4 Likes

Can confirm this.

It did NOT reset for me between flights or sim restarts. But once I updated Orbx Malmo from the Marketplace, my settings had indeed reset again to Easy

I’m seeing the switch to Easy:

After I’ve set them to Real-to-life and then launch into an airport.
After I switch aircraft and go into another airport
After I’ve set them to Real-to-life and then go into Dev mode and open a package for editing

Resetting to Real-to-life, saving the changes and immediately exiting the sim and reload still doesn’t make the setting persistent.

This release has been a real bug-fest sadly

1 Like

ON XBOX series X: This happens every time I restart the sim (which is a lot due to CTDs…). I’m pretty sure everyone on xbox will be the same so this is very much an across the board issue.

On a side note I’m kind of chuckling now, because xbox users who want to use a yoke setup have been having this exact “saving problem” with our Hotas (and other joysticks) sensitivity settings now for months. In a twisted way it’s nice to see the PC users suffer as well… (I guess in purgatory the only enjoyment is watching others suffer on the lower rungs of hell? ; )

I can confirm that starting the Sim after upgrade, all assistance settings have gone to easy.
I have reset them all to HARD and saved and closed.
Started the Sim again all was fine.
Went to Content manager and downloaded an update that had come up. Washington Landmarks.
All Assistance settings had immediately reverted to EASY.
There seems to be a link with installing updates that resets the Sim to EASY.

PC
Store version.

1 Like

I am beginning to think that the cause is ANY update procedure.
I am sure we will have a patch for this soon.