Intermittent CTDs in cruise

Since SU7, I’m very happy to finally being able to switch between VR and 2D without risking a CTD. Before SU7 and the latest preview version of OpenXR, it was like a lottery. Sometimes I could switch a couple of times between the different modes with no issues while other times, it would crash on the first attempt. Never found a pattern but 100% intermittent. All these CTDs were always caused by PerceptionDevice.dll_unloaded.

What I’m not so happy about is how I now after SU7 instead get intermittent CTDs in cruise out of the blue. It usually happens on longer flights when I’ve been flying for maybe a couple of hours. Doing all my flying in the default TBM 930 where the only mod I’m using is the latest version of the WT G3000 mod. Other than that, my Community folder is empty except for the Orbx airports also found in there.

Checking the Windows Event Viewer Application log, I now see how the faulting module always is FlightSimulator.exe and the EventID is 1000 as seen below.

I’m so fed up with these CTDs in MSFS that totally ruins the overall experience. Since you never know if you’ll make it to your destination or end up on your Windows desktop instead after a couple of hours in the air…sigh

I know Asobo has said they will dedicate next SU for bug fixing. I really hope all these CTDs are very high up on their priority list!

I’m using the MS Store version of MSFS and I’m on the latest version of everything including Windows 10, Nvidia drivers, firmware/drivers for my hardware, MSFS, OpenXR etc etc.

This is what I see these days in the log after each CTD:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001e07c80
Faulting process id: 0x141c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e7510e237d36
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 9b40479e-e0ad-4fb7-bac2-a6b8143fa34f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

If you’re using the “latest” nvidia driver (497.09), there appears to be some issues with it in MSFS. There are several threads on this issue, but if that’s what you’re using, I’d consider going back to an earlier version and see if it helps.
If that’s not the driver version you’re using, please disregard. :grinning: :grinning:
Regards

Yes, thanks it Was this last NVIDIA version who made CDT for me.

Must be something else in my case because I just checked and I’m on 496.76

I am on 466.77. Have not had one in a long time. Had this happen during cruise. I was away and when I came back I noticed that several of my cockpit screens were black. Before I could even try anything my sound began to stutter and shortly after, crash.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000012fda76
Faulting process id: 0xb34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7f9381f2e6d82
Faulting application path: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 7daac1bd-87e7-4f1b-8899-de3bf4dc7ef2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

496.76 here too and for the past 3-4 days, about 1.5h into the flight it CTD’d.
Does not specifically show the driver as cause for this (as here: [FIXED] Crash to Desktop without error message [Exception code 0xc0000005] - how I got rid of the issue [AMD GPU])

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000001027463
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2f10
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7fb08f9bcaa8c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Berichtskennung: 2ed39f25-4260-4214-87a9-3f1f7c06e26a
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App