Interview with Orbx CEO Anna Cicognani about add-ons, the industry, partnership with Asobo, Xbox Support, and more

I just interviewed Orbx’s CEO Anna Cicognani about quite a few interesting topics, including working with Asobo/Microsoft, the add-on Industry and Orbx’s own plans, possible Xbox support, partnership, and more.

I hope you find it interesting :smiley:

6 Likes

Did you interview her about the bridges in ORBX Paris? Thought not.

That’s more of a bug report type deal than an interview question m8

1 Like

Except…London Landmarks was scandalous in its initial release and I don’t have high hopes for Paris. We’ll see.

Nah. I don’t normally interview company CEOs about extremely minor nitpicks related to specific products that I wouldn’t even bother a developer with.

Besides, I’m fairly sure Orbx already responded to said nitpick on their forums, so asking something that has already been addressed isn’t a good use of her time (or mine). :joy:

Ok, I’m done now. EOF

I only own one Orbx product: KSBA and I’m happy with it.
It is often the case that after an interview or review I get more interested in the product, this is not the case. I don’t know if it is because of the questions asked or the answers she provided but my perception about Orbx products went down a notch after reading this.

1 Like

I’d be quite curious to hear more about why. There’s always room for improvement and I plan to interview more players in the industry if I have the chance.

Not that I’m interested in “selling” you their products, but I’d rather my interviews be interesting to as many people as possible. :grin:

It’s a perception. Your interview was quite nice. Maybe her generic, almost canned answers are the problem. The answers felt really very dry and lacked substance. I could have answered your questions in a very similar way without even working at Orbx. Oh yes we have plans, keep tuned, expand your horizons.
We might think your questions triggered those canned responses but maybe she wasn’t willing to do a more in depth interview for the moment. Who knows?

I guess in such a short interview it would be very hard to extract more subastance from a C-level and longer interviews tend to be harder to arrange so no worries.

1 Like

That’s helpful. And yeah, interviewing Execs is always tricky, even more so nowadays that most interviews are done via email and you can’t really ask follow-ups. Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

1 Like

Keep the interviews coming, I like reading interviews. As I said sometimes after reading an interview I get more interest in their products.

1 Like

ha, you’ll never get a straight answer out of a CEO, or at least the good/smart ones.
i support the CEO at the company i work for, and everything he says publicly is fully vetted by our corporate communications team in advance, even speaking engagements that have nothing to do with the company.

Great interview! It feels to me since the release of MSFS, there is some sort of explosion of contents for MSFS, almost everyday new airports being published on both freeware and payware, I don’t recall it was like this speed on the previous sims :sweat_smile:. Even Microsoft Marketplace team can’t keep up with the content to be added to the marketplace.

Her comment about requesting other sims to have in-same marketplace, I directly thought about the ugly FSX style UI of P3D, how would you add a marketplace to that :laughing:

1 Like