IRIS Simulations Jabiru J160 and J170

Bought the plane at the Iris store but my download was corrupt. I cannot login to my account since I never got an email when trying to reset my password. I sent an email to Iris support and attached the invoice of my purchase. Hope you can help.

After one first test i have to ask if you still improve the cockpit model? I have with the 160 D and 170C,D only 20 fps. The flight with 20 frames is very jerky. With the 160C i have a little bit more frames. Something around 25 fps. The outside view is fine with something around 40-50 fps.
With the MSFS JMB i have in the cockpit under the same conditions 35 fps.

Weā€™ll work with Asobo to try to find the cause of that. I get a 10FPS drop whenever avionics are powered up, regardless of the product, so itā€™s likely base sim related.

1 Like

Hi ho,

Iā€™ve just purchased the Jabiru at ORBX and try to fly itā€¦ but when looking around in the cockpit the cockpit doors open randomlyā€¦ first the right one was open suddenly and now its the left door. And I canā€™t close them. There seems to be no key assignment in MSFS and clicking on the left handle only toggles the tablet shown/hidden with engines running.

Can someone help me please? :smiley: According to ORBX I have v1.2

thanks

1.2.5 should fix these and should be available on Orbx later today.

1 Like

alright, thank you =) Just did a short flight in the Andes, itā€™s a really fun airplane and looks beautifully!!

Would like to add i thoroughly enjoy the 160/170 pack.
Fantastic little planes, the customization, the look, sound, model variations and activities that came with
Ive yet to tackle the first bush flight - waiting on the orbx update whom i purchased thru.
When this pack gets an interior performance update itll be the best currently on offer 3rd party craft imo.

Ive tried eliminating the co pilot, cockpit shadows and lowered the nav refresh rate to no avail. Its not unplayable by any means but could be smoother

Iā€™d be interested to know if itā€™s smoother in the J160-C and J170-C by comparison to the D models. The reason is the D models feature digital EFIS modules, and in my system they seem to have a perf hit.

1.2.5 is now live on Orbx Direct. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there someone active at support@irissimulations.com.au? Sent two requests concerning my purchase but did not get any answer. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Joerg

Not support@irissimulations.com.au. Use help@irissimulations.com.au instead. :slight_smile:

Ok. I sent an email.

Same scene at KJFK parking 96.

Joerg, thereā€™s something seriously squirrelly going on with your system. You should be getting better FPS than that at JFK, mind you, testing FPS at one of the most densly populated scenery areas isnā€™t the best idea anyway. :smiley:

Put her in Diego Garcia and compare the models against the default Cessna. Iā€™d be interested in seeing that, as youā€™ll be showing FPS without performance being impacted by other aspects outside the scope of the aircraft.

1 Like

Here are my results with Diego Garcia and same conditions:
Cessna 152, 48 fps
Cessna 172S Gamin1000, 39 fps
Jabiru 160C, 34 fps
Jabiru 160D, 23 fps (with deactivating the Efis 33 fps)
Jabiru 170C, 33
Jabiru 170D, 29

1 Like

Wish custom tail numbers would be supported with the included liveries.

Thanks, will update!

Diego Garcia EFIS OFF

Diego Garcia EFIS ON

ULTRA preset, no AI, clear skies.
Seems there is something wrong with the EFIS.

1 Like

Then they wouldnā€™t be authentic to the liveries shown.

Donā€™t worry, tail numbers will come in a future update.

Nothing wrong with the EFIS, just how the sim handles it. :slight_smile: