IRIS Simulations Pilatus PC-21 Release Build

Hey all.

Please find this release build from Iris simulations - David kindly sent this to me for review pre release.

Enjoy my informal review of the PC21 by Iris - No release date as yet.

7 Likes

Flight dynamics look very stiff and on rails to me. After every maneuver the plane just kind of locks into place. Are some assists turned on by chance?

The only thing thats turned on for this was the auto rudder as didnt have my pedals on.

It was a little jittery i must admit. But thought the power was nice and realistic

1 Like

Hopefully they continue to improve, but it does look very good other than those jitters! And the sound is very good.

The cockpit interior appears to be absent of PBR texturing. Looks too clean and plastic. Hopefully they will add some.

4 Likes

it is available now, just downloaded it from the iris simulation webpage!

1 Like

Were you able to locate a manual?

Yes there are three docs included, a checklist, a setup guide, and a 94 page flight manual.

1 Like

And they are located where? I searched through all the folders and can’t locate them.

EDIT found them.

After a couple of flights I like it quite a bit. My only gripe is the interior textures are rather poor.

2 Likes

experiencing very low roll rates…ailerons have full travel … I am not using any assists

Not thrilled by what I’m seeing, nor with Iris’s previous track record with updates.

Since the changes to the fuselage and canopy incorporated into the PC-9 and PC-21 make them both look rather ungainly, I’m still hoping someone else will develop a PC-7 one day

2 Likes

so, don’t expect updates? then this plane is useless - the rollrate is absurdly low - controls are working fine and aileron has full travel. I am not using any assists

Didn’t say that. But they are not being kept up to date properly after changes to the core sim in ny opinion.

1 Like

Just downloaded the plane. It looks beautiful but the joystick/control doesn’t work. It flies straight. I can go up and down using the trim but not the joystick.

Is it locked somehow?

Everything else works.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem. Throttle works ok, but pitch, roll and rudder twist are not recognised.

1 Like

Same here, I cant seem to move the flight controls?

I really wonder what the long-term support is going to be like for this product. I don’t know this Company, but I hope it is not just a cash grab

Before I buy another module that’s hot garbage in VR, has anyone tried this in VR? Would really love a full fidelity military trainer…

I would really hold off unless they start responding with fixes for the other issues