Irregular white flash in VR

same problem here,seems to have got worse with latest update

1 Like

I think it might be ‘you’ moving rather than the plane - although that’s what it looks like in the air. Try it on the ground and you’ll see what I mean. If I take my headset off and look at the image on the monitor, the problem disappears, but if I cover the proximity sensor with my finger, it’s back. The whole idea that you suddenly jump three meters up and then just as suddenly are back down again is so counter-intuitive that the mind rebels. My guess is a bug is causing the Rift to track to the top of it’s box, for just one frame.

It’s the latest Oculus update that’s causing the increase in the flashes. As stated earlier in the thread, just disable the Public Test Channel in the Beta tab of the Oculus settings. That will download the latest stable Oculus drivers and although it wont stop the flashes altogether, it will dramatically reduce the frequency.

1 Like

Worked for me. Thank you!

I’ve captured the issue several times on video and didn’t see the view (camera) moving an inch before/during the bug.
But the plane does move A LOT! :smiley:
I don’t know what to think about it.

Just another confirmation that rolling back the Beta software stopped the white flashing.

I’m having the same problem with the Oculus Quest 2. It did not start until after the last update. All my other games work fine.

I rolled the Oculus software back from beta to stable but the flashes are still there.

1 Like

are they as frequent? i still get them, but they are usually minutes apart

No but saying that they don’t exist as some people do is not correct, it’s back to the original problem.

I’m hoping that the increased frequency impact Oculus’ beta drivers had on these flashes should provide at least a clue as to what might be causing it. It’s not certain, but if their recent changes have caused it to increase, then maybe they’ll at least be able to figure out what’s causing it.

Until then, I’m just trying to ignore it

I can’t ignore it. I have tried the Beta with Oculus Tray tool, oculus link cable and tried 72/80 he, turning on/off ASW, rolling back the Beta on and off. It jumps every 2-3 seconds and the cursor moves once the flash goes away, even the text if ATC was saying something. I have the oculus Q2 3080 FE/Ryzen 7 3800X, 32 GB. Really didn’t think this would be this bad. In 2d I can get about 65 FPS and it’s smooth but VR is really killing my experience. Wonder if I would do better with the G2.

1 Like

same problem here after this las update. rolling back the update and beta was disabled, but still the same, not working for me,I get a lot of flashes, and the image is always jumping. :rage: :rage: :rage:
msfs 2020 is unplayable in VR with rifts s right now :rage: :rage:

I have the oculus rift s.

1 Like

Same problem as reported over here.
The flashes get’s worse for every Oculus update it seems.
Oculus Rift CV1

Oh well done Oculus, now you’ve rolled the problem into the main release. I’ve just had an update having opted out of the beta - the flashes are back.

Yep, same for me. Fixed the problem by rolling back the beta, but now problems have been rolled into latest update. Really, what is the point of a beta if the problems reported (and they were reported) get ignored and released anyway? Makes absolutely no sense bothering with the beta.

User LoloSan692 has posted a video in the Oculus forum here:

… which captures the problem nicely …

… and makes it clear that it’s a tracking issue. It is ‘you’ that is moving up, not the plane that is moving down.

If you haven’t already visted the Oculus forum it might be worth leaving a comment there, every little helps.

1 Like

Luckely i blocked the update after rolling back, so for now i only have the minor flash instead of the heavy one.

Here’s the bug in ‘slow motion’

1 Like

I don´t understand why Oculus is not fixing this problem, seems like I have to put the rift s in the trash :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

2 Likes