Irregular white flash in VR

doesn’t it also affect the Quest 2?

Can confirm, the same thing happens to me.

I have a Quest 2 and every 10 seconds or so, it switches camera view for a split second. Pretty annoying.

There seem to be two solutions:

Revert the software to version 24, instructions and download are in this thread at position 13
Revert to 24 and stay there

Use Steam VR Beta, instructions are in this thread at position 141
Steam VR Beta

Your mileage will vary but I’m very happy with the Steam VR solution. No fiddling with files, you can stay current with Oculus software, including Betas and there are no flashes at all, none. Performance seems very good - better than V 24. One other plus and one minus. Plus: You can Alt-Tab out of the VR window, no need to disable VR to look at a map for example. The minus is that if you take your headset off, it doesn’t reset the view … which might be a plus come to think of it.

OK, so the issue got rolled from the beta into the release, so turning off the beta failed.

However, there is a new beta as of last night that seems to fix the issue. So either turn on the beta again, or leave it on beta if you didn’t get around to turning off.

White flashes completely gone for me now.

1 Like

Same problem here using Oculus Rift S. What seemed to help is disabling Asynchronous Spacewarp using the Oculus Debug tool located at “C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe”. This setting does not “stick”, so every time the Oculus software is started, this setting has to be reset, so a shortcut is recommended. Also, oddly, setting the Pixels Per Display Pixel Override to 1.3 seemed to result in a sharper picture with less jitters.

1 Like

It’s fixed. Opt-in for beta in Oculus software settings and you’re good to go. You’ll be on v27. No more flashing.

1 Like

Confirmed!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.