Is anyone being unable to load sceneries after SU6?

After SU6 I am unable to load Chicago Scenery. It takes forever and when the bar ends, it just stuck. I can arrive flying, but not loading.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Any idea how to fix it?

Yes I have KORD by Dreamteam, Chicago Landmarks and KCGX. How ever before the SU6 I can load the three without any problem.

4 Likes

yep same here …

Haven’t tried loading where I have 3rd party add on but many times they just need to be updated by the developer and it’ll work again. They’re pretty quick with updating after Sim Updates are released

I believe it might be a bug from the SU6 rather than a scenery problem

Yea Possibly

Perhaps the scenery needs to be updated to make it SU6 compatible.

1 Like

its a bug
Otherwise, the fifth update, which had a lot fandamental changes, should have caused these problems at the same time, but it didn’t, so I think it’s not a scenery related thing …

No doubt it’s a bug. But if it only affects certain sceneries and not others, and it’s reproducible across users, I would be looking at those sceneries as having some incompatibility. Maybe it’s a bug in the sim causing it. Perhaps it’s some unpublished changes to the sim (they do those all the time and it’s a nightmare for 3rd party devs) that affects a certain part of the scenery.

In any case, it’s a bug. But where does it lie? That’s the part we can’t say for sure.

I have an unimaginable volume of airports and other things in my community folder , and what I’m seeing is the sim getting stuck in 4 out of 5 airports loading screens, which is not normal at all…
Dubai , LA , Abu Dhabi ,… lots of local airports which aren’t even payware …
I’ve never experienced anything like this before …

I uninstalled FSdreamteam KORD and then I can get access to Chicago with KCGX, Chicago Landmarks and freeware KMDW installed.

So it is a problem with KORD… and maybe other scenaries from the same house (FSDREAMTEAM).

Can’t say I’ve experienced that. Now that said, I wasn’t able to get the sim installed on Tuesday due to servers. I only managed to get 2 flights in last night. First was KAPF (payware) to KOPF (autogen). Second was KSAN (payware) to KLAX (default modelled).

First flight had no stability issues. Second I had a CTD about 1.5 nm from touchdown at KLAX. Don’t know what caused it specifically.

I will keep saying that for Asobo that is time to sit with 3rd party developers and build a strong community with them, otherwise they will get tired and at some point, when other house reach the photogrammetry, we will leave in order to be able to have more planes, airports and utilities to play with.

The greatness of any game come with the community participation.

Does deleting your Content.XML fix this for you?

I have had exactly the same issue with the new ORBX ENSD scenery. The bar goes very slowly all the way to the end and then … nothing.

I have also raised this on the ORBX support forum.

I only delete KORD and it works fine
I haven´t go yet to content.xml file

Well if works don’t touch it but you decide to reinstall KORD, save a copy of your Content.XML to some other folder (just in case) and then delete the original. FS will rebuild it on restart and then you can try if it lets you spawn at KORD.

1 Like

Thank you!

This is not only happened with KORD. I have same problem with ORBX UUEE and Moscow Landmarks installed. Normal reinstall not working even with clean cache, I will try with clean Content.xml

Update: Unfortunately that did not solve my problem. I think some sceneries just need to be updated to the new version.

1 Like

I was having the same issues with all my scenery until I stopped changing the time on the world map screen. I’m not sure if I’m getting lucky or I found a bug but every time I mess with the time and hit fly, the game doesn’t load

Nevermind lol just had to ctrl/alt/delete