Is anyone else really dissapointed?

Dude I’m with you, everyone defends asobo and their two out of four wheel broke car they sold.

But hey you can drive a car with two out of four wheels, might be broke and defective and sold as is, but he’ll, it has pretty paint job.

This game which is not a simulator by any means is a joke.

Nothing is simulated like real world, nothing. The only close to real world is the bing maps integration and that is off by five or so years.

I just loaded google earth maps on Apple device and was blown away by the 3D cartoonish view of my local area. Everything is 3D now even my house and it looks so much better than bing maps ai.

All google needs to do is put a airplane over it, call it a simulator and sell it to us!

Bet they can even figure out real world weather and wind in real time! Heck google can make it free!

3 Likes

Defending Asobo for the sake of the sim? No.

Standing against bullies that cannot express their disappointment without mocking and attacking others? Yes.

2 Likes

Well said sir, but we must allow a very very few unhappy users to repeatedly make the same complaint on each thread -until they see the futility of their efforts and hopefully will find happiness somewhere else. I hear X-plane mobile might make some happier and less disappointed. And of course their behaviour will surely be welcome on the x-plane forum.

2 Likes

The product is kind of like the Kardashian

• lots of devote followers that will defend blindly.
  • they continuously improve their looks
  • are surprisingly light in substance.

Hopefully we can diverge and at least be better about the substance.

3 Likes

I’m not. I’m quite pleased with the new sim and aware some features need work. It’s apparent to me that its a work in progress and I don’t mind. I’ve witnessed a lot of newly release flight simulators; SubLogic ATP, MSFS 5.1, MSFS 95, MSFS 98, Fly, Fly2, Sierra Pro Flight 99, MSFS 2000, MSFS 2002, MSFS 2004, X-Plane 9, MSFS FSX, X-Plane 10, X-Plane 11, so I’m not going to get too excited if something doesn’t work the first time.
I like the idea of automatic updating too. I’m done with doing more flight sim tweaking than flight sims flying, give me something ready to go out of the box.
Bottom line is that MSFS 2020 is just a cool flight simulator game!
Welcome Back!

6 Likes

And many potential future improvements have already been announced

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx12-coming-to-game/284073?u=veryoldpilot

4 Likes

Stop spreading dx12 rumor, until it happens it doesn’t mean squat just an excuse for asobo not to fix what they broke currently like in the NOW!

1 Like

Some will always be disappointed, no matter what. Many users have valid, realistic, and well-presented problems with MSFS2020. They make their points in a mature way, and move on. Others are attention-seeking antagonists and drama queens. We can be compassionate and understand that they may have deep-rooted psychological reasons they’re like that. We can choose to 1) respond to them to stroke their egos, realizing this will most likely perpetuate their drama, 2) ignore them, or 3) use the forum’s Block User function (which is hidden in Preferences/Notifications/Users).

Off to practice some old-school steam-gauge IFR work!

3 Likes

well ever since the patch happened i was doing an approach in a 787 at Denver from honolulu. the plane took a nose dive when i disengaged the autopilot ended up plowing the plane to the ground. my airspeed was where it should be about 145 at 457k Ibs. also the knots and mach selector doesn’t seem to function as well.

Also the mod for the A32nx seem to not function as well having all electornics shutdown as well. when the engines and apu bleed were running. even when im at the gate the electornics shutdown even when i have external power on. i saw the battery votage it was normal @24.7volts.

clearly the patch was an improvement on performance but messed up the avionics on airliners even more.

1 Like

not a rumor, it’s confirmed in the latest feedback snapshot

Not just airliners. The AP in the 172 G1000 is abysmal. When I can make a significantly better job of flying the plane than the AP can, its a sure sign the AP is a bag of ****. I am a pretty terrible fixed wing pilot so the AP should be much better than me. But in fact when flying reasonably stable manually, as soon as I engage it the plane goes haywire, either not following the heading bug setting when HD is engaged and Nav is off, or not keeping to its altitude but wavering significantly either side of it or both. Its atrocious and to be honest I am starting to get quite annoyed about it. It worked better before the patch so what on earth are Asobo playing at?

I actually tried the 172 in XP this evening to see how the AP functions in that and to see if my understanding of what it should do is on the money or flawed in some way. It worked exactly as I expect it too though so its not me.

On top of all that which wasn’t making for enjoyable flying the coherent GT draw bug hit me too ruining the whole experience today.

6 Likes

Ok - Again tried to setup flight plant from KAHN-KCHA - VOR using the G3000 in the TBM-930. Was instructed to enable FD before TO. Plane is uncontrollable if any AP settings set prior to stable flight. It almost crashed twice before gaining control, and got so mad at it, just Finally quit MSFS-2020. Have had enough of crappy systems/planes which don’t fly like they are supposed to. Going back to FSX and this time staying there until this is at least working the way its supposed to. It’s not worth the frustration. Good by all.

2 Likes

I dread to think how bad the Helicopters are going to be if the AP in those works as poorly as it does in these fixed wing aircraft because loss of control in a heli is far more difficult to recover from.

1 Like

All - No comparison in the graphics in FSX vs MSFS-2020. Just setup flight from KDOV-KJAN (Dover AFB to Jackson, Intl (AFANG Base). One of several AF Air National Guard C-17 Globemaster III squadrons is based. Setup FP as IFR with VOR as backup, at 8K feet, flew at 4X Sim Speed since did not want to fly at night. The FP was perfect, ATC took me into 34R Visual R/W for landing. A little high on approach, as the C-17 has high lift wing, hard to get it down. I input all AP settings at the ramp before departure, and took off per ATC directions, after reaching 2000 feet enabled AP, and it took up the slack. There was no loss of control period. Yes, FSX has had almost 20 years to be perfected. Hope we don’t have to wait that long in the new one. I did this to reassure myself it’s not me, but the sim. It was very enjoyable not having to struggle and strain and yet, the systems are as complex as MSFS-2020, just got the bugs out is all. As per helicopters, have not got a clue on how to fly one, tried couple of times, never could get the thing off the ground. Believe the larger airplanes in FSX fly much better than the little prop jobs and business jets. Although, pay ware F-14 was great, lost files. Hope this gets better quick, hate the though of having real flight controls and not be able to use them.

Hi,
I am getting very disappointed too. After the big build up it is very disappointing that it is almost impossible to do a flight without the controls freezing up and there is nothing I can do about it. consequently I have gone back to FSX which is much more stable although there are a few bugs with some aircraft.
The scenery in MSFS is absolutely outstanding in my opinion but there is no point in using a flight simulator if you can’t fly the aeroplanes.

I too have a high spec computer with an RTX 2070 8GB graphics and 32GB RAM so I don’t think it is due to computer performance.
A friend of mine is having similar problems and we are both getting disillusioned.

I just hope future updates will address these core issues.

4 Likes

Some have horrible graphics and/or horrible performance. Perhaps it is an issue of compatibility for their specific hardware. Yet, we have seen in this forum and others that many people are trusting nvidia to adjust their graphics settings, often with quite awful results. Some have issues with autopilot, yet many have no issues with AP at all. Some have issues with the avionics/G1000s, etc. Yet many report they have not, or haven’t had many.

Obviously something with this last patch has created issues with airliners. What it is remains to be seen. Of course it is possible that this patch has created issues with avionics, autopilot, and graphics, but not for everyone.

Helping Asobo find the solution is the best way to handle this. Venting frustration is okay. What is not okay is spewing random insults at anyone that disagrees with ones point of view. It is not okay to completely dismiss the thousands who have not joined in the mob against the developers. It is not okay to imply that myself and others like me are apparently so inept that our knuckle-dragging selves lack the ability to distinguish good from bad.

It is a pity that the only method some have developed, to counterfeit any semblance of self-worth, is to belittle those whom they deem to be inferior.

2 Likes

LOL @ airport workers rocket-jumping and strafing. There’s a Quake player if ever I saw :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s an amazing experience if you’re only interested in VFR but it’s lacking on the ‘sim’ side in terms of aircraft system, ILS landing, GPS and IFR instrument flying etc. I just hope the devs get the SDK to a point where third-party devs have enough access to FS 2020’s systems to provide those who also like IFR flight planning and instrument landings in addition to the occasional VFR flight with more features. It’s all a bit too ‘gamey’ and not ‘simulation’ at the moment, much like the disaster that was MS Flight.

I also hope they make the ATC a little more ‘simulation’ like so that you can get vectoring instructions that also take into account any vertical airspace modelling in the navigation data. Being able to transition from VFR to IFR and vice-versa is a common occurrence in real life and it would be nice to see the ATC system handle this. At the moment it seems a bit of a minimum-viable effort ATC implementation and barely, if any, of an improvement over past FS versions :frowning:

1 Like

Its hard to believe that some dont have issues with the G1000 AP when its on Asobos fix list ever since it was broken with the latest patch release.

1 Like

How can anybody NOT have issues with the G1000? It is an unrealistic, inaccurate, and incomplete representation of the real thing.

2 Likes