Is anyone else really dissapointed?

I have about 20 hours into it so far mostly testing and it doesn’t seem unplayable to me. I have flown every aircraft in the basic edition and they are all flyable. Are they perfect? Nope it needs some work in som areas. I certainly wouldn’t call it unplayable or the plane unflyable though. I am not even a pilot in real life and I have had no issue getting every plane off the ground, navigating to another airport and landing it.

To tell you the honest truth I haven’t really found anything wrong that wasn’t an issue at some point Xplane which every one seems to be comparing it to. As a matter fact almost everything I have heard critisizing I have seen on that forum at somepoint.

As for a refund where did you get the game from? I think in either case you can contact whoever you got it from and request a refund. If it truly unplayable from what I understand microsoft will issue a refund. And steam is giving them too if you contact them.

2 Likes

If I could roll my eyes anymore at this thread they would fall out of my head…

4 Likes

You maybe should invest time (and quite a lot actually) to adjust the commands. I am not sure what you mean by ‘unplayable’ but it is certainly far from my experience.
I have no idea of your level of training, your hardware, and how familiar you are with this soft, but I think you should do the whole tutos (8 ones).
Autopilot is working, but some planes dont have it. Could it be a explanation?
But again, I would recommend you give time to the soft, and try to master it with a smooth learning curve, starting small, then fly.
I am sad for you that you have this feeling, it is not reflecting at all the vast majority of experiences, so maybe it comes from you, and you may review this comment after more training.

I partly agree with you. The Sim is clearly not what was announced through the official videos, and is nothing more than an Alpha / Beta at the moment.

The aircraft performances are far from the real counterpart, the real time weather is broken, the physic is broken (you can put the DV20 on its tail without even rolling), the avionics is bugged…

It’s not a bad Sim per say, but it’s clearly not what was advertised. Not pessimistic state of mind or anything, just a factual comparaison between what advertised and what we got.

2 Likes

you are just trolling, right?

3 Likes

Are you trying to launch it on the original Macintosh?! Its been really good for me and yes despite some bugs they are working on, its overall a wonderful beginning with the out of the box product and community volunteering on adding liveries, modifying planes, coding for improved performance, etc. Its only going to get better

1 Like

Why? Point something wrong in what I wrote please. Show me that fuel flow are rights for all aircrafts, that the weather is correct comparing with a METAR and that the wind is not totally wrong, or the temperature 10C above the real one, show me that the wind was not 5kts in a hurricane, show me that you can’t put the DV20 on its tail without rolling, show me that you can do a “direct to” using the infamous sequence " direct, enter, enter", etc…

In short, show me that I have said anything wrong.

I’ve been flying MSFS since Version 1 (and other precursor FS’s even before that - remember C-64 and Amiga? I’m also a real-world private pilot with about 2,500 hours of pic time.
I LOVE MSFS2020! Is it perfect? Absolutely not… it’s V1.0 FFS!
Will it improve on an exponential curve? Just watch it!
I am rapt now, and looking forward to even better things in coming years as the package evolves.

3 Likes

It’s melted :slight_smile:

How do you change LOD?

Are we talking about the same game? :wink:

That’s it. I must admit that I hoped for something “more finished”. For instance I was annoyed when I tried to use tha utopilot on the B747. It was really unstable. On the other hand, the autopilot on cessna hawk works perfectly. The rendition fo the world is greatly better than in previsous sims, but it is not as perfect as the advertising suggested. That’s why I said I fell cheated. I hope I will be able to change my mind soon, when updates will be released and at least some of the many bugs fixed (I hope!).

2 Likes

Disneyland Paris, doesn’t it exist?

In the user. ini file, then make it read only so game can’t change back
You will loose fps and it needs plenty of vram and system ram, but looks far better

1 Like

i was
patch fixed a lot of things for me.
now i’m ok.
tnx asobo.

many thanks. o7

It’s got bugs but I’m pretty stoked and can’t wait for it to mature, can’t be bothered using the other sims

3 Likes

I’m just gonna be happy to get it downloaded lol.
I’m on a redownload after the patch came out and I’ve got a long way to go.
In saying that, I’m looking forward to playing this sim, and watching it mature over time.
This thing is gonna be a staple for years to come.

The only things I’m disappointment in is the lack of islands with Caribbean blue waters around them, and the facts that you have to register on a separate site to report bugs.

Integrate bug reporting with this forum instead, or better yet - the community managers should acknowledge and summarize bug reports (since so many discussions are about the same things) and forward them to the devs, we are not your employees - we are paying customers.

1 Like

What I’m disappointed in is the fleecing as many said it’s not ready I wondered why places like Washington DC was so bland and wrong why no iconic landmarks… for a sin that helps how great and accurate in perfectly model all their cities are you can fly anywhere in the world you just may not recognize any part of it…now we know the real reason so they can SELL you add-ons for things that should have been there by default…when I pay good money for something EXTRA like deluxe I expected something extra not more broke planes that half the systems don’t work. City’s missing iconic landmarks.as many said before plenty of other little things…and the OP asked for people’s OPINIONS so stop flaming people because you don’t agree. There’s a few other threads and it seems 90% of the people are all complaining about the same things that means there is a problem.

2 Likes