Is anyone else really dissapointed?

All i see is testers shocked at all the things still need fixing and that the game they were given performed way better than release copy.

5 Likes

I’m not disappointed. Right from the start it looked to me like Asobo and its associates were cooking up some kind of strange magic and - boy - have they ever. MSFS 2020 has undeniably changed the paradigm for the flight sim genre. This is one of those seminal moments - a literal ‘game changer’. I’m over the moon with MSFS 2020. It’s more than a flight simulator to me - it’s a massive, unimaginably rich possibility space. I can’t wait to see how this technology matures over the next few years. It’s hard to remind myself that what we have is just the start - a basic framework. Staggering.

Congrats to Asobo and friends. A remarkable achievement. Every time of I think of this sim and all the things it can do and, hopefully, might do in the future I’m excited. Excited like I used to be about the genre, the technology the sheer joy of it all.

8 Likes

I agree the flight control set up is a nightmare i wish it had an xplane setup push a button it highlights what it is so you can see buttons behind the stick you have no isea what number they are. i have not gotten the modes to work as i have 3 modes (saitel x52) the push to assign does not work so I have to manually select each one and hope its the correct one i want.
I would have liked tuturals or manuals on the new garmin systems, how to use them where the gps/vor select is on some. what disapoints me is the AI no real markngs no tail lights or nav lights on the ramps no floodlights at the airports way to dark. Hope they get mmore liverys too, little things like opening windows,doors movable sunshades should have been inplimeted again like Xplane.
but overall I am happy a concorde or SR71 would ae been nice. the vor aspect is beautiful now to polish the IFR and big Iron flyers. When I say I agree I am refering to TCarlisle I am NOT disapointed at all

Come out of the woods Bambi.
I got, pretty much, what I expected.

I am pleased to be amused with what I have, mostly candy, with this pre-view build of a great sim.
It was either a massive upgrade to my computer or going back to real planes, and the complications of sharing a bunch of aircraft’s with flight college students did not appeal to me at my age, and with our health predicament…
I chose this cheaper route and I am OK with it. I flew 3 VFR routes today and enjoyed the sights, and heck there ain’t no pause button in a real 172 to go to the bathroom. And I admire the advancement in computer technology. I first learnt Fortran, and BASIC, and had a battle with Pascal, pre-1990. C++ was abandoned .
I was never in aviation for money except training to be an ATC 5 so its still fun and “games”.
I prepared for this sim by installing a paid version of win 10 and updating it to 2004 build on a new SSD with a 2TB backup SSD for the cache. All went smooth as butter. Only problems are the controller assignments, and camera views reverting to default settings…
Oh, and the B58 has no knob for altitude setting. Just a white blank-out. Missed that (???) or too busy playing big boy airbus flyer.
I wanted to call my programs Windows back in 1983, but some other guy took the name first…seems some words are blanked out here too LOL
Ever hear of UNIVAC I ?

2 Likes

No.
Installation went smoothly.
The sim performs nicely.
Controls work great.
I’m very happy. :+1::ok_hand::star_struck:

-eelis-

20 Likes

Not 1 CTD here until this moment. already made a few succesfull flight on the a320 and on vatsim… Failures are in fact modeled in the aircraft selection menu before loading up…
A320 i flown a few detailed routes with a SID/STAR and transition. It picks up the ils and the basic functions im very happy with…

You can try this. Be sure to have ALL selected to show up all controlls properly. Then search for AXIS in the searchbar. You get a list of all analog control bindings possible.
Just for the case, you did not try this before.

Hope u get it working. :slightly_smiling_face:

Indeed, I did figure it out… but thank you! (exactly as you indicated)

1 Like

I suspect there is something up with your PC or config mate.
I have a similarly spec’d machine to you (9700k oc’d @4.6Ghz, 1080ti, 16GB 3200Mhz Ram, SSD), and I get a min of 40FPS over Renton (KRNT) on Ultra in the 152 (midday, clear).

Like others here, I was actually impressed with how well it performs.

Yes - you plunk down 120 for the ENTIRE GAME. In X-Plane (or FSX - doesn’t matter for now) you will pay around 80 - 100$ just for an working A319/A321 (FlightFactor or Toliss for example). Again - only for the plane itself. You can’t expect that a game with this much amount of planes has the same deep simulation experience than an extra crafted airplane. If they would have opted for this, you would have paid much more than 120.- (Toliss took 1 1/2 years to create the A321 - FlightFactor is working on the A319 since well over 2 years now - only on the simulation of the plane!)

The simulator is the framework (Weather, Scenery, flight model, etc…) but the real immersion will be added when there are “more realistic” airplanes arrive. I am not talking about the flight model, which is very good by the way, I am talking about the simulated system within the aircrafts…
And I am saying that with great respect towards Asobo & Microsoft since the stock GA plains are actually really really good!
In X-Plane (vers 11.0 not 11.41 or anything) the stock planes had issues too - Remember the King Air had a problem that the left engine just would turn of mid flight…

Look at the stock Airliners in any other sim (not talking about any mod - Zibo for instance in X-Plane) - they are comparable if not worse from a functionality perspective.

EDIT: I run the game on a Ryzon 3800 with a Sapphire RX 5700 XT on ULTRA (2.5k) and it runs gorgeous! Way better than any other sim. I get mostly 45 - 50 FPS…

Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

Some folks should launch out of the box P3D and then try to fly perhaps infantry soldier before they complain about FS2020. Yes there might be some issues but overall it’s a huge leap forward in flight simulation. It’s only day 1 - calm down it will only get better.

1 Like

I’m not disappointed at all, i think people’s expectations are perhaps overshadowing a few of the issues. Sure it has its problems but then this will be a continuously developed sim for 10 years, reign in those expectations and at least give it a week before you go writing it off and demanding a refund.

There’s a long way to go and for me the start has been good, this is after all just the start.

3 Likes

I have been flying with a Saitek X52 pro in more then 2 months, and is still flying.

Yes it does.

Almost none of the issues you raised are issues. Give yourself some time to learn the sim before you start moaning.

5 Likes

what is that?

The main concept of the sim is astounding! Photogrammetry, Azure and bing mapping, accurate model of the entire planet, albeit with some caveats.

But let’s be serious here. A multi billion dollar company like MS should have done better. This thing went out of the gate way too soon and I will bet it was not Asobo’s fault. It brings back memories of when FSX was released by the Aces Team. Long story short, It was the community and 3rd party developers that contributed to improving that sim over a period of 10 years plus, and a rewrite of the code by Dovetail games in the end to bring it into a modern OS five years ago. While no sim is perfect I have to give Kudos to Laminar research and X-plane 11. Which I switched to in 2017, and dropped P3D, FSX for good!

When MS 2020 was first announced last year I was so exited! I have been waiting all this time, following every preview, every review, every bit of info I could get, hoping to be an alpha tester which never happened. And finally yesterday at midnight installed the premium deluxe version with no hesitation.

I AM disappointed as a long-time simmer. This sim is a mess right now in my opinion and anyone can take that as they wish. I WANTED this first experience with MS 2020 to be a great one… Let’s hope history does not repeat itself and it is actually actively improved upon over time.

One thing is for sure- it is a great concept. But it seriously needed more time and more input from the community, because once the novelty wears off from the casual gamers, it will be the actual flight sim community who will either make or break this product down the road.

16 Likes

Key performance indicators

1 Like

If you consider it as a game, I don’t feel disappoint.
But I WILL NEVER ADMIT it as a simulator!

4 Likes

true enough the mechanics are a little jaring compared to xplane
little things that make a diffrence