Is there a problem with credited flight times?

Oh yes I forgot about that. It is actually a pity those hours doesn’t count. It should actually log in my opinion and put an extra column in the logbook that says “Experimental”.

But that doesn’t explain why some hours were logged. Dev mode should have logged nothing.

During bush trips the sim logs the flight time only if you go back to the main menu after each leg. If you choose continue and fly several legs in succession, only the last leg will actually be logged (the one you quit to the main menu from).

1 Like

I’d vote for that. there are many hours of flight that didnt get counted before I knew that. primary reason I dont enable it. otherwise id always use the ingame fps counter.

1 Like

No, at least I hope not, as it would not have been me who turned it on.

That’s probably a very good idea.

I’ve also had some time related issues. I did a flight that was 40-50 minutes but it got logged somehow as 2 minutes.

I also lost about 10 hours from my flight log recently for some reason pretty soon after the SU11 update. That loss of hours might have been CTD related as I had several on the first day of release and it was after one of those that I noticed the hours had dropped, but it has been stable since then, no more CTDs since the first day.

Last evening, flight from PMDY to PMDY in F-14B. I got all the time I spent in air, practicing landing configuration and getting the AOA correct. Still WIP for this plane, and once I get it down, it should then transition to other planes and other sims somewhat. SO, sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. If you terminate flight for any reason, you get nothing as far as I know, but could be wrong. I just mostly ignore logbook as I know it’s bogus and may never be correct. If you uninstall, and then reinstall, believe all logbook entries are gone, keeping separate one is better idea, as if it’s not written down, it never happened. RP keep logbook with pen/pencil and paper.

1 Like

I’ve also seen apps for Android for logging. The data is stored in the cloud. Maybe worth checking it out.

Escpecially if you fly more than 1 simulator.

That could be it indeed. However, going back to main menu as a workaround would ruin the immersion so I prefer missing flight time.

I ended up having to uninstall then reinstall MSFS2020 due to another problem (missing Garmin avionics) and thankfully all logbook entries are still present going back to day 1. I am thinking that creating an excel file will suffice as a log book to avoid a repetition. It’s only happened to me once, but I fear that it may not be the only time in the future.

This is killing me. I fly for two hours and get 5 min and some seconds in the log book—and sometimes nothing at all. I’m playing on the console and I have just a standard setup. My assumption is that the 40th Anniversary Update screwed something. However, at least it’s not crashing when I try and take off or land at KBFI, which is an improvement.

But seriously, the logbook no longer works since the 40-update. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I encountered this last night. Hour and twenty something flight. And got 20 mins.

Log book shows flight from 1933 to 1953 local time but the flight was 19:33 to 20:53 or there abouts, I haven’t been able to prove it yet but I just wondered if the To time of the flight is somehow defaulting to the same hour of the From Time, If that makes sense. So a flight from say 1815 to 2025 should show as 2 hours and 10 mins but will in fact only show as 10 mins as the log book would record the flight with a To time of 1825…

Again I have not been able to prove it and its only a thought based on the widely inaccurate times that have been shared here.

Hmmm, normally the log entry screen does not even open, but after 1.29.30.0 update, it did, and got credit for all my time and landings, short flight. So maybe they have fixed it. Do some short flights and see if it’s working now.

Thanks for the heads up. DId a very short flight from 17:59 to 18:04 and that was recorded correctly in the flight log. Only thing missing was the night time landing not registered but that’s another story!

I had missed the fact that there was an update later yesterday.

It’s reliably reproduced in SU10 – just press Active Pause and note how long you’ve been in the air. Press it again to stop the Active Pause. When you complete the flight, you will be credited ONLY for the period up until you pressed Active Pause the first time; Turning it off does not restart the timer!

Reproducible on both PC and Xbox Series X…

1 Like

You’re right. Bummer! Lost several hours of flights due to this issue. I hope they will fix this. I rely on active pause, in order to be able to make inputs or press buttons without letting the plane go crazy.

1 Like

Here is the thread with the reported bug with active pause, resume and the logbook (with the option to vote).

1 Like

Whew I am glad others have the same problem. I would do a 2 hour flight and it would say I only did 4 min… I thought it was something I did…at first…but after a while I figured the Log book was a piece of ■■■■.
lol
I wounder if it is a bug…or maybe they do not care.

Thanks, now I know why my flights are too short. The link to the bug report is not working.

Over a year later and still true. For example, I just completed the first 4 legs of the Carribean DR-Haiti bush trip. Only the first leg was correctly reported. Leg 2 shows a take-off & no landing. Legs 3 & 4 are missing completely. This is just 1 example. I estimate between 10-20% of my flights are not recorded at all, and a higher percentage are recorded, but with incorrect take-off and/or landing data.