Logbook flight time entries affected by active pause

I’m running MSFS 1.29.30.0 on a PC under W12 home. I’ve installed several, 3rd party scenery packages, but the C172S model I’m flying is as per the update(s) current on 11/28/22. I’ve set unlimited fuel and auto mixture, no other assists.
I was looking at my logbook & noticed some peculiarities when there were active pauses during a flight.
To test this, I flew 5 times from KHIO to KPDX. 18 nm along the route I flew. See enclosed screen shot of the relevant part of my logbook showing the entries for these flights, numbered 1. - 5.

1. Flight with no pauses: Logbook showed 11:38; FT timer showed 12 min – close enough.
  2. Pause about halfway through the flight. Logbook shows 7:21. I must have been really hauling **s!
  3. same as 2.
  4. Pause on long final to KPDX rwy 10R: loogbook shows 9:27
  5. Pause shortly after departing KHIO: logbook shows 2:05
    It appears that the logbook entries show only the part of the flight prior to the first pause.
    I posting this as a bug report, though I don’t know if it is one.

I can confirm this. Running 1.29.30.0 with no 3rd party content.

note: there is a “similar” report about the topic " somewhat is wrong with logbook and usage of pause "
( and that with a correct bug template :wink: )

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-logging-time-including-time-while-paused-su9/515264

1 Like

I have the same problem but was not able to troubleshoot it like the OP. Thanks for doing that.

Logbook issues have plagued this since release. FWIW-I have mine setup to show log entry after engine shutdown. On the occasions I do that it has worked fine. I also never use active pause, I fully pause and un pause game as then I don’t put foot through PC when AP kills me, as has happened many times. Active Pause is broken, and needs to be removed, it does not work well, and causes lots of issues.

If you fly with developer mode on your flight won’t be logged I have many hours not logged because of this

I came here tonight because my flight times are not being logged correctly. My flights are showing very short times although the flights were long.

For example, I flew a first flight then after landing went back to the menu and immediately started a new flight. Both flights are in the logbook however it’s showing the second flight started over an hour after the first flight ended. Note the first flight is only showing it lasted 5 minutes even though I flew for over an hour.

The op posted this is due to the usage of active pause. He’s probably right because I was using pause sometimes.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No
Brief description of the issue:

Logbook logging time including time while paused instead of just logging actual flight time.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Takeoff and pause then continue to complete flight.
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

Same here. Flew for 90 minutes, used active pause several times. Flight was logged with total flighttime of 8mins.

I have same issues. I can confirm that regular pause does not affect time log. During my last flight 4:30 hours approximately I’ve paused a couple times and it didn’t affect time log, but in the previous flight, after about 3 hours and a half, having landed and taxiing to parking, had to attend phone, activated ACTIVE PAUSE for less than a minute, returned to complete the parking, and the game registered the last 3 minutes only. So, the problem seems to be only with active pause.

That is correct. I forgot to mention that for me the logbook problem also happened for Active Pause.

yes

Test flight: Takeoff, flew 15 min, Active Pause on-off, flew 30 min, Active Pause on-off, flew 2 min, landed. Logbook shows total flight duration 15 minutes. Should be 47 min.

Yes

Flew for more than one hour and used active pause a few times to take photos etc. After shutting down on landing logbook popped up and the flight time was only just over 10 minutes. I have seen this most short flight as i use active pause .

yes

flew from ehle to ehgg with a stiff head wind. Flight was over one hour because I wanted to intercept radial 190 first. Flight logged as 22 mins. Used pause once to activate track ir.

A feature of msfs is that in flights including active pause, the log records only the part before the first active pause.
See Forum post titled “Logbook flight time entries affected by active pause” and replies.