Is there any problem with the servers?

I was able to play just fine earlier today, now I’m getting the “cannot authenticate license” message, and the world map is fully offline.

Aaaaaaaand it just CTDed.

I continue with the nice message of the Dependency Installer and the subsequent one that I need to be connected to the Internet.

2 Likes

I just love getting a lost connection message which not only pops up in the middle of the screen while I’m flying, IT ALSO HALTS CONTROL INPUTS. Who on earth makes these design decisions?

1 Like

Yep, VPN to Japan and working now.

1 Like

I’m not sure why people think an application that relies on continuous connections to servers is going to work properly when the servers are having problems.

Check here before you attempt to get into MSFS. If everything isn’t green, don’t run it. Come back tomorrow and check again. >>> Xbox Support

Maybe they mean Credit Card, lol :joy:

So why does it have an offline mode in settings?

Yes, Yes, Yes. Could not get on all night - I run the PC version. Finally, after removing the community file to no avail and reinstalling it, I got a different message. Due to an error you need to sign in on MS Store (para-phrased). After I ignored it it did load. Then every couple of minutes loss of connection notice came on and the the restored successfully green message came on and that continued every minute or so for the rest of the flight. It came on just as I was touching down and I crashed the aircraft. I don’t actually think I was losing the connection. What next? Michael Croudson

Rarely have a problem until now. Michael Croudson

1 Like

That’s true, Mike.In my simulation years I had never had it. Except for the abandonment we suffered between 2000 and 2006 and whose solution was to convert MFS to Prepard 3D.

1 Like

I’m on pc in Oz and I can’t get past the checking for updates screen before it CTDs every time. I tried safe mode with no luck. Emptied community folder, nada. If I hit the kill switch on my VPN it loads fine without internet.

I tried setting my VPN to a Tokyo server, still no luck.

Same for me. This message!

Is this error related to the outages?

You need to be online to open this on this device. To open this on this device when offline, go to the ‘Offline Permissions’ setting in the Store Settings page. You can change this setting the next time you go online.

Yes it is.

Germany via ExpressVPN for the win! Thanks for the tip!

This is what I get Over and over and over and over.
Thanks for typing it out… you can’t copy & paste or Snip-it.

Was working fine earlier today around 1pm central time and was working fine around 4:30 pm central US time. Past 5pm have been getting the following.

Even though I have signed in and out of MS store and the XBOX apps. Signing out and back in while in game caused me to sit at a loading menu I’ve never seen for almost 5 minutes. Data is enabled but Bing maps isn’t showing, PG isn’t loading, world map just shows generic textures. Hope it gets fixed soon.

You can always use Windows key + Print Screen to make a screenshot though. :wink:

Exactly the same situation here in San Diego. I thought it was fixed. However Xbox status makes no mention of Xbox pc being affected.

That doesn’t sound good. However, it seems you’re encountering a different kind of problem. The connectivity issue prevents sim from even loading giving it no opportunity to CTD – at least that’s what I observe in my case. Perhaps there’s another topic that discusses this CTD roadblock that you’ve encountered?