Is there any problem with the servers?

Yeah, that was what was worrying me. However, I tried again half an hour ago and it loaded fine. I just tried now after returning from the shops and it’s still loading properly and working as usual. I guess it was something to do with the server issues after all.

MSFS, never the same sim twice. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Glad to hear that the sim straightened itself out. Just spit-balling here. Given multiple services were out (or are still?) perhaps you got past the auth issue and ran smack into some next level service-outage related issue leading to a CTD. Seems the sim needs to successfully navigate a service obstacle course to start up

1 Like

I know the history of flight sim. That wasn’t the statement you made.

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) is not reliant on xbox services because of the decision to release to console. It’s reliant on it because it’s using Microsoft’s online (xbox) gaming services and Azure infrastructure to deliver streamed scenery, weather, multiplayer, and online functionality, and has been since the launch of the sim (pre-xbox version).

Without that infrastructure, many of the things that make MSFS what it is would not be possible, and we’d need to find a few petabytes of local storage on our PCs for the world’s scenery.

Unfortunately that means when there’s issues with that infrastructure, like there was this weekend, MSFS is affected. But this is outside of the control of MSFS.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying here is if we need reliability on a flight simulator we should use X-plane? :joy:

Yeap same for me on xbox x,but that was a week ago! I havent flown since then,im on here each day reading posts waiting to find out if & when the sim will be fixed,for me its mainly CTDs & intermittent loss of server connection ,which should be fixable? Im surprised they havent fixed it by now???

FS is working fine for me except the FS Store is offline. PC.

1 Like

Turn off online functionality - apply and save.
Turn on online funcionality - apply and save.

Yes. I’m constantly get that message. Then it reconnects. Then it loses connection.

Got those same messages all day yesterday. Finally shut the computer down to wait overnight and see if the problem is resolved. Instead, this morning I get the message that I have a mandatory 99.89MB update! Seems to me that the whole program!! I’ve tried all the fixes including VPN servers from all over the world. No luck. I’m figuring the best thing to do is delete MSFS and start over. What a pain in my weekend. I’m now looking forward to X-plane 12 a lot more than I was last Friday!!

1 Like

All my connectivity boxes were unticked. This game has a mind of its own changing things without you knowing. So if it pays that you have an issue with anything go and check all your settings. My graphics settings keep changing automatically too.

Back to normal for me now, hope others get it back to normal soon if they haven’t already.

Who ever said using a vpn was some kind of fix for anything, especially connection issues for accounts services connectivity? I could imagine going that route could cause all kinds of havoc with MS account verification, causing more harm than good. From my past experience, hopping from country to country, logging in could get your MS account locked for up to two weeks due to security concerns.

I think the issue is in one of the connectivity options. Yesterday they had become all unticked for some unknown reason I had no live weather and the graphics looked terrible. I have now ticked them all except multiplayer as I don’t do multiplayer now when I choose a plane and airport to fly from it gets to just over halfway in loading then I get a CTD. I have tried this twice with the same results. It seems to me that one of the connectivity options is causing the game to crash. I suppose that you could untick them all and try them one by one until you find which one causes the CTD.

When SU9 released I was having connection issues like crazy. What I notice is that whenever MSFS gets updated that the updated executable resides in a folder that is named per the game version, in other words the directory changes and thus any firewall rule that was present isn’t being updated. In troubleshooting my connection issues, I noted that there were 5 separate firewall rules for MSFS and in checking them noticed that none of them pointed to the game any longer. What I did then was manually add the game in a custom firewall rule with the proper directory pointing to the 1.25.7.0 executable. As soon as I did this my connection issues went away. Before I did this, I was getting poor streaming quality along with bandwidth too low warnings and even eventually losing online functionality all together.

The following directory isn’t for everyone, hence the F drive location. I have MSFS installed on another drive, other than the OS drive.

F:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

The folder changes names with every update to reflect the version number. For instance, with the current version it is Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe. This will change next update. There have been updates in the past where upon launching the game I would get a new prompt to allow it through the firewall but these prompts stopped coming a few versions back, hence the 5 separate fire rules. I actually had to take partial ownership of the directory in order to even browse it to locate the executable. This probably isn’t everyone’s cup of tea to do and it wasn’t mine either, I was hesitant at first with changing any permissions due to how the MS Store version manages permissions in the first place.

Ultimately, what I ended up doing was doing a whole firewall rule reset back to defaults and then allowing what I needed allowed by okaying any prompts I got later, MSFS included. This is probably the better way to go than having to mess with folder permissions, especially for people using the MS Store Version, plus it’s overall good PC security practice to refresh your firewall exclusions over time.

Hope this information helps others with any connection issues they are having. Especially if their internet connection and network hardware tests fine but they are getting connection issues in MSFS. Perhaps in the future Asobo and/or MS will address this but from now on I will just being checking the firewall policy and deleting the MSFS entry or doing a whole reset again when MSFS gets another update.

Cheers!

It finally decided to run but I got the usual disconnect from the internet message. (3) Disconnecting from the internet. - YouTube

Friends, help
The game went offline and won’t connect anymore
I tried to re-login and reinstall the game client, the game is downloaded and installed but it does not connect to the servers, what could it be?

Glad it’s not only me that’s having an issue. Not just that, but Microsoft Store went completely bonkers on me to the point where I had to go into Windows Services and ‘restart’ the app. As far the sim itself, SU9 broke the entire platform as far as I’m concerned. Now I’ve been getting CTD’s along with a KERNELBASE.DLL error on top of everything else that’s been going wrong…

I swear, this is the LAST Windows system/machine I’m purchasing too. I’m done. Windows 10 itself is a disorganized, unmitigated disaster…

Hey @GaGaRin4748. Welcome to the forums! Very sorry to see you are having connection issues. Lots of smart folks here that may be able to help.

Now that you are here, please check out the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service to acquaint yourself with the rules of the road here in the forums. There is also a Forum Guide where you can review the features available to you here.

Again, welcome!

Same problem, some times the streaming of data is super slow and the ground looks like a blur.

I see a new update has been released hopefully this might fix the issue.

The disconnection issues seem to have been fixed after the update.

1 Like