Is this game even playable now?

Like I said, different pics different people, different setups. I’m willing to help with love and respect. People don’t need to be so harsh and troll nastily. If the product is unsatisfactory, like anything you buy, you go through the right channels and say so, don’t you agree?

1 Like

Bad reviews?

Like what?

I’m not understanding the nature of your emergency.

These reviews are not bad at all.

4 Likes

Yes. Its flyable and enjoyable.

6 Likes

Oh yesss!!!

AGREED!!! I’m with you on that brother!!

The reply to the question is based on what is considered to be the individual definition of flyable.

No aircraft I have flown in this sim isn’t flyable, as if so I couldn’t have flown it. Did the aircraft I have flown fly without some form of bug, inaccuracy to the real thing, missing system or otherwise? No they did not.

It all depends where the lines you draw in the sand are that gives you your answer.

2 Likes

9 flights, each around 3 hours long, 23 hours total, with live weather, ‘High’ settings and at 4k resolution. SID, enroute, STAR, approach and ILS all handled by the default g1000, and not a single crash. i7-5820k, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000mhz, 1080ti

11 Likes

I recommend trying it out before worrying. Going into something with a positive head can really change your view of something, even if the outcome isn’t what you wanted. I’ve experienced some issues this patch, but it hasn’t stopped me from flying around still. Just had a fun, thundery flight in florida in a C172S with an IFR approach - lots of fun. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just finished my 100 HR flight achievo.

Been flying the mooney (running great so far) in Alaska with live weather and am now flying in Japan from RJX8 to RJFN.

No crashes today so far, but yesterday doing the Japan tour I crashed about 3 times. I don’t think the VFR map has crashed me yet, I load it auto on flight and minimize it in on top right. I havent been popping it out to second monitor like I usually do.

So far about 3 ~1hr flights no issues. I turned off live air traffic because I got the major feeling it was causing problems for me yesterday. I think that game stability is directly related to server stress, because I was having all kinds of issues when the patch dropped. TBM also seemed to fly well from KSEA to CYVR.

I dont fly tubeliners so I dont know what to say about those. But so far its been way better today for me.

2 Likes

Remove your stupid mods and config fixes.

There is no way you should have dripped to those kind of FPS unless you have mods or config fixes that are polluting the sim.

Take them out.

Good god.

7 Likes

Flying quite happily at the moment, so not “unplayable”,or “broken”

Yes, there are bugs, some more annoying than others, however nothing to make me “distraught”

Happy flying all

4 Likes

Just tried an IFR flight KLAX/KSAN in the Longitude, got about 10 mins out of LAX and opened the VFR map and crashed to desktop. That’s it for tonight :frowning_face:

No CTD or issues for me, I haven’t had any installation or start-up issues either, I’ve flown just under 50 hours (48) so far, all on small GA, must admit I haven’t added a load of things into my community folder (a few local landmarks, a mod to remove the text tip messages in the cockpit and also add NAV data from navigraph).

The airliners aren’t my thing and maybe this is where the issues are, but my experience so far has been great and it’s definitely a very enjoyable and flyable sim.

1 Like

Thats a known issue, even noted on the patch notes, so what did you expect would happen?

2 Likes

I did not know that.

Stop being rude padna!!!

no worries, worth taking a look at the patch notes when downloaing them, it can save a lot of frustration and in this case an abandoned flight. If you load the VFR map prior to starting your flight I think your fine, its just if you open it during a flight it can lead to a CTD at the moment.

It is unflyable. The whole sim is f*cked since latest patch. I am not a type of whiner at all, I enjoyed the sim the couple of weeks. But this is getting pathetic now. The B78X’s speed at approach will rise to 100% when my trottle is at idle…the A320 AP is completely messed up…this is getting bad smh

See, I use this game to pretend that I am flying a real plane, and there is some limit when you can’t pretend anymore. Previously the Longitude’s VS mode was working fine, now it is oscillating on climb and when the speed is bellow 250 (in any AP mode). It is sad when something you had is taken away.

I am not sad about things that were missing since the release, like no VNAV, funky RNAV, weird LOC intercept angles, center fuel tank, basically no suspension on landing gear, etc.

I also had random switches turning on and off, especially lights, and it was kind of annoying because the career mod I was using was punishing the reputation if the lights are in wrong configuration. It could be worked around by disabling AI ground traffic. This made world very empty, especially at any bigger airport. It does not feel alive anymore. But the issue is gone now.

I can avoid opening the VFR map. I have never needed it, I have out-of-sim maps, they work better. So not a big deal.

So can you fly it? Of course you can, just don’t expect a complete plane. You can take pretty pictures, but I think we are running out of creative angles now.

i betcha NONE of these reviews were post patch. and these publications depend on software companies for advertising revenue (read: shill), so i tend to put more value in real world reviews by users out in the wild. yes some things were fixed and improved, but more bugs were also introduced. i rate these “nothing is wrong with the sottware, its perfectly fine” responses in the same useless category as hysterical negative posts. they pretend there are no issues and do not help at all.

1 Like