Issue: New Alpha Flight Controls XPC, Honeycomb XBOX Hub, Bravo Throttle Quadrant

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, public build XBOX Series X

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The XBOX does not recognize the Bravo Throttle quadrant or the rudder pedals when connected to the new Honeycomb XBOX Hub. The yoke (Alpha Flight Controls XPC) seems to work, but nothing else.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the same issue, have a XBox S and hooked up the new XPC Yoke with the Hub connected to my existing Throttle quadrant but Throttle quadrant is not seen when hooked up. Sent several emails to Honeycomb but no reply after 3 days so not sure what is going on.

Update: I was able to get the bravo to work by disconnecting the TFRP Rudder pedals. None of the indicator lights work on the Bravo still. XBOX Series X.

No. I have a USB hub connected to my XBOX. In the hub I have a USB memory stick (for captures), a Logitech unifying receiver (for my Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard and a Logitech mouse), a Thrustmaster rudder pedal, and the Honeycomb Alpha XPC yoke. The Bravo throttle quadrant is plugged into the Honeycomb XPC hub, which is plugged into the hub port on the Alpha.
The Bravo controls are recognized, but there are problems with some axis and button bindings. None of the LEDs illuminate.

I followed @Rmag’s excellent YT tutorial on configuring the Bravo (https://youtu.be/iAVicVzF0Po). His tutorial is based on the PC version, which treats the Bravo as a separate peripheral, with the result that the axis and button numbering is different from the XPC version. The XPC version treats the Bravo as an extended switch and axis space of the Alpha. One consequence of this is that in the Options>Controls Options screen the device is illustrated as the combination of the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie (rudder pedals) devices, with none of the buttons or axes numbered. There is currently no correct numbering documentation.

Some buttons don’t scan at all. For example, if you configured @Rmag’s 4 Engine Jet and try to bind the thrust reverser on Throttle 1 to Throttle 1 Decrease, the button is not detected during a scan. You have to bind it by choosing Joystick Button 69 by name.

There is additional confusion regarding throttle axes. You must use, for example, Throttle 1 Axis (0-100%) rather than Throttle 1 Axis. The axes must be reversed too.

Most of the Autopilot features seem to work, but it is hard to use because none of the buttons illuminate. As noted by others, the values entered using the rotary knob may increase/decrease by small or large amounts randomly.

Although the AP functions like HDG and ALT work, there are no obvious bindings shown in the Options>Controls Option menus.

Since today’s mandatory update, the axes don’t animate on the Controls Option screen when you use them. However, the name of the axis does switch from light to dark and back to light.

The landing gear works, but the LEDs don’t illuminate. None of the annunciator lights work.

same here man, I’ve got the alpha xpc connected directly to the Xbox. Bravo quadrant connected to the xbox hub from honeycomb, thrustmaster tfrp rudder pedals which dont work because i can’t find what im doing wrong. I called honeycomb yesterday and what they told me is that Xbox hasn’t made an update for the lights to come on the quadrant, But my issue is having the throttle quadrant connect to the xbox itself (and pedals). Honeycomb nor Xbox has yet to make anything public pertaining to these issues. Any help?

Have you tried to bind the switches per @Rman’s YT video? I found that these worked, so I moved on to the throttles. Just ignore the numbering scheme as that pertains to the Bravo plugged into a PC rather than an Xbox.

When I said that I have the Thrustmaster pedals plugged into a USB port, I should have said that the pedals are plugged into the T.Flight HOTAS, which in turn is plugged into a USB port. I use the HOTAS for planes that use a joystick. The pedals are configured through the HOTAS controller.

1 Like

Thank you!

The problem is that i can’t get the xbox to recognize the throttle quadrant at all. I don’t know what im doing wrong there. I have tried switching cables and stuff but no power, completely dead.

yes

throttle quadrant not connecting to Xbox

Same here no recognition of inputs showing full throttle when it’s on the detent.

In the manual it mentioned that Logitech Pedals and throttle are supported, but not Thrustmaster. In order to get the Thrustmaster Pedals to work, you have to connect them to a T Flight Hotas One, and connect that direct to the Xbox.

Are you using more than one usb hub in your set up?

I already ordered the hotas one, should be here this upcoming week. I’ve tried connecting the throttle quadrant to the Honeycomb Xbox Hub but got no signal. Then i tried connecting directly to the xbox and still, no signal. As soon as I plugged the alpha xpc, the xbox immediately recognized it and showed up of FS, but as to the throttle quadrant, the xbox doesn’t recognize it. Im guessing the xbox hub doesnt work

I’m sorry, the answer was starring me right in the face and I failed to register. On PC the Yoke and Throttle show up as 2 separate devices. But on Xbox they appear as just one device Alpha Flight Controls XPC. The give away is that it’s showing an image of the Yoke and Throttle and Pedals. And it combined all the controls in the list. Your Bravo should be working since you see the options for Power Management which is only for the Throttles.
Try testing an actual flight, it should work.

2 Likes

Nope, nothing. No signal whatsoever. Man i have tried it already. Went to power management>throttle inputs, and nothing.

My experience since the update this week is that the throttle axes are not animated in the controls screen - i.e. if you move one through a full arc, the bar associated with it doesn’t move. However, in the Sensitivity screen, moving any axis will show its position on the sensitivity curve.

That being said, I experienced a complete failure to recognize the Bravo throttle this morning when I first used my Xbox. Everything had been working the night before when I shut down the console. This morning, the Alpha component was working, but the Bravo was not discovered. I had to power the console off and reboot it for the Bravo to be discovered.

Yes I’ve had the same experience. The bars don’t move in the control configuration that’s why I said test them in an actual flight.

1 Like

I have tried shutting the xbox completely down and re booting it but nothing. I have tried using it mid flight and no response. I dont know what it could be man

After further study of numerous YT tutorials, I must correct the post above.
Regarding throttle axes - using the 5 configurations suggested by @Rmag, all use the “Throttle Axis” rather than the “Throttle Axis: 0-100%”. The Reverse Axis setting is required for all throttle, mixture and propeller axes.

I’ve found the initial elevator trim setting to be a wild random number as large as -100%. After the first flight it settles down. I don’t know what causes this - if you spin the trim wheel fast towards nose up and observe it in the sim, it starts spinning back to nose down all by itself.