Issue with graphic card

ok, thks for all these details

for nvidia i am currently running with all settings to default, so i will at least check this limited fps

edit : but i checked and its limited to 40fps (or IPS in french i guess)

edit bis : when i relaunch msfs it ask if i run in secure mode or normal mode but i never saw an explanation of what is doing each one… so i was relauching in normal mode, maybe better to do a run in secure and after will be normal one i guess…

Nvidia cache cleared, Directx cleared also, restart in secure mode and then in normal mode
flight launched, here the parameters

and same error… after 5 mins of flight

i will try again by lowering the AMD Fidelity Sharpening which was at 180

hmmm… you can may be check lowering the settings… you have all at Ultra.

Also, depend on your monitor, you can set V-sync to 50% , its also like a fps-limiter ( just in case the limit in nvdida control center was not set :slight_smile: ). The correct limit test is for me very important, allways if a time-factor exist. May be set in nvidia control a 30fps limit for testing ( if you have a 60fps monitor , then vsync with 50% would also be fine ).

As long as we not exactly know what triggers this popup, we can only guess. I flew 6 hours now , in DX11 and DX12 and havent that issue ( a 2080TI have 11GIG VRAM ). I fly in Full-Screen-Mode ( not Windowed ), may be…

And… you find somewhat within the Windows Event Viewer ??

PS: because of gpu-load. Also try to check in GPU window in second diagramm instead “Copy” the “Graphics_1” ( you can click on “Copy” and menu will open ).

For Vsync i found “adaptative” which is half of refresh rate, is that ok ?
here my nvidia settings for MSFS, and in addition the max performance also

i will lower also this amd fidelityfx sharpening

for the events log, not sure if i know how to search there in the right way…

ah… in NVCP you not need to set V-Sync, let it on “application decide”. You enable Vsync in MSFS itself.

The max fps setting looks good ( ps: the second limit about “background fps” is later usefull if you have the application not in focus.Then not full fps are necessary and you can safe energy )

Windows Event Viewer: RED is bad and if you find “interessting” nearby in yellow, eg. somewaht about driver-reset, then it might also interessting.

Here is a link with a HowTo for the Windows Event Viewer :slight_smile: : Simulator doesn't start anymore at all - #603 by MichaMMA

so, i was able to fly far more time, maybe 15 mins with this setting reduced to 150
but when i tried to do screen copy i had the error

i will set it to fullscreen also maybe

1 Like

:thinking: … that may point again to windowed-mode… hmmmm

oh but i skipped this message, so now i applied all, vsync 50% in MSFS, deleted all greyed drivers hopefully my comp is still working :slight_smile:
and resrtarting msfs now

and again after 5 mins

and an interesting event at same time

:slight_smile:

this both

can you post the messages ?

I think thats exactly what the MSFS code determine as problem, and then the popup is shown.

EDIT… ah … your screenshot is alredy about the ERROR. Can you post it as text ? ( for easy translations :slight_smile: )

and…

you have windows 11… here is HAGS per default ON… can you try to test with disabling that, I have a little idea about the NVLDDMKM.

( in extended Graphic settings, Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling )

HAGS was already Off

Here text version of the event message and in english

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 2b00

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

to fix the nvlddmkm issue i see that we must reinstall the driver, so i can try by installing Studio driver instead of the game ready, i saw some posts here saying that studio was working fine for them

arg… my idea … :rofl:

And yes,… NVLDDMKM can be related to the driver. But that not allways helped the users. I remember also reports where again RAM XMP mode caused that, but also where e.g. in BIOS the ResizeBar support was enabled and there are more strange reports in net where nvidia recommend the users to completely shutdown the pc and disconnect the GPU from power ( I assume shutdown + disconnect pc from power + press onetime the ‘on’ button, should be sufficent too ). ( therefore my hope was, the usually HAGS was the bad boy )

On other side… for me is these whole win11 still a beta version. May be the studio driver will help.

so…
Studio installed, but i didn’t reboot, i just start msfs again and… same bug maybe a bit more late than before 10 mins versus 5 mins :smiley:

edit : and same msg on same component in event viewer

i will reduce settings in msfs strongly to try to see if there a baseline which works

but my cong is Ryzen 5600X, RTX3070, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb Nvme dedicated to MSFS… i think that for non VR it should run high settings…

one potential issue is that i followed all posts for performance in VR since the start, and i applied so many things in this computer that i can’t remember everything i did !
surely there could be one of these implementations creating some troubles now…
i think about someone here who wrote a specific component to improve images in VR, and i installed his pieces of soft… i will try to search back

settings play an important role, here i changed the DLSS settings, lowering them :smiley:

and i am still flying whilst doing screen copies… never flied so long…

and ressources usage is as follow

but DLSS in Performance Mode… that render a realy low resolution. Better is choose the High preset, instead ultra. A 3070 should be easy able to drive a near FullHD resolution.

I still use TAA with my native resolution 3840x1600 with a 2080TI / i7-8700K and no issues so far. I not own VR and so I have also no drivers / tools for that installed. Hope it not again relates to somewhat with these VR drivers.

Ah, and “Graphis_1” seems not necessary for you. It depends on driver version , etc… also bit driver chaos. Sometime its needed to see all of the gpu load.

I got a similar recurring symptom few weeks ago. The simulator didn’t freeze, but few minutes after leaving it, the windows 11 desktop looked like entering sleep mode, no mouse, no keyboard, needed hard reset with power switch. Same error message in event viewer showing that an error occured during playing msfs.
Same symptom and error message occured after stressing my graphics card with benchmarking software (OCCT).
I made the assumption that my 2 years old graphics card (RTX 2070) had GPU hardware issue.
Replaced it with a new RTX 3070 and the symptom disappeared.
I suggest you stress it with stress software to see if other software than msfs triggers your problem.
In general, problem occurs after few minutes (once GPU heated-up)
If so, underclocking GPU (for example - 100MHz) may address the problem.

and i had the issue again, i could fly far longer than before but it is still there

i will try a stress with OCCT

i ran the GPU stress test for 9 mins, no issue or this is what i understand here, was that the right test to run ?

Yes, exactly. In my case this stress reproduced the same issue as I had in MSFS.
No NVIDIA error message in event viewer during this stress or just after ?