Issue with the atc menu - scrolls to top

Unfortunately not on the xbox. it’s a matter of luck at the moment

It does seem to be sporadic. If you toggle it on and off a few times, usually but not every second toggle, will have the last atc message at the bottom.

Bush Trips and all World Map flights.

Similar/same issue with Nav Log

3 Likes

I’m also having the issue of the ATC menu scrolling to the top. It also seems like there is some sort of conflict when I try to select an item from the ATC menu, the highlighting of the option the mouse is over blinks and makes a sound like it’s being selected and deselected rapidly. It almost seems like it’s trying to scroll or like there’s some kind of control conflict (I’ve looked and can’t find any in my bindings). I do wonder if these are related.

1 Like

Zendesk Request: #150719

FS2020 Steam Edition

Brief description of the issue: whenever I open the ATC window it always starts at the top of the conversation instead of the bottom

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered: when press press “Ç” (it opens ATC Window),
instead of the chat being at the end, it’s at the beginning having to scroll down

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 1.23.12.0

This was reported in the beta and ignored.

I’d recommend posting this on Zendesk and coming back here and adding your Zendesk ticket number to your report.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope

Brief description of the issue:

When I open the ATC window it always reverts to the first transmission made on load-in. If I want to see what the last transmission was I have to scroll all the way down which is a bit agricultural, particularly after an hour or so.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Self-explanetory

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It does this in the current version (without the beta), it is a relatively new behaviour too.

2 Likes

Thanks for logging.

This was reported in SU8 beta and never resolved. Not even listed as a known bug.

Affects all windows that are re-opened - they always reset. Most annoying for things like navigraph

5 Likes

When we open the ATC window (on my PC the command is mapped to the “`” key), the text seems to start at the top, requiring us to always scroll down to see the latest ATC message. Can this be fixed so that the window opens as scrolled automatically to the bottom by default (so that we instantly get the latest messages)?

Yeah, this broke many SU’s ago, and it was noticed immediately. Still waiting on this getting fixed, because it is one of those little “Quality of Life” bugs that would make a big difference if it were addressed.

This is pretty annoying … I just finally set up my comms to use push to talk (held to open, release to close), and the hat switch (while PTT held) to send keypresses 1-8, and found this issue.

Please note this issue is marked
" bug logged " thie means it’s known about by the Asobo team and added to the fix list.

It is very annoying having to scroll all the way down through the communication text.
I’ve noticed if I close the ATC window then open it again, I will be at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

By the way, the same is for controls menu - if I change something there and press “validate” it validates and jumps up

3 Likes

this also does not work after the last update…

2 Likes

I’ve noted this, too.

Argh.

2 Likes

Still the same and still annoying. How such a small thing is not being resolved for months, almost years, remains a mistery to me…

3 Likes

Indeed! Hard to believe it’s been a year on this one.

This workaround was working for me yesterday, so I guess it’s hit and miss.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

any

Brief description of the issue:

whenever I open the ATC window eg to check the latest ATC transmission then the ATC transcript starts at the top, i.e. I have to scroll down to see the last transmission. Some SUs ago it was always showing straight away the last transmission; minor issue though

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

open the ATC window

PC specs and peripheral set up:

i5 10600k with RTX3060 and 32GB 3200 RAM if that makes a difference

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: