Issues "after" the emergency patch

As someone who was suffering multiple CTD’s after the initial update (thread here) I simply couldn’t get a single flight without a CTD so I gave in and deleted and re-installed the sim. (Five hours!)

I had tried as many of the ‘workarounds’ as I could, emptied community folder, turned off AI traffic, turned off live weather, deleted rolling cache - all to no avail.

I honestly wasn’t expecting the re-install to fix it as others had posted that it hadn’t worked for them, but amazingly the CTD’s were gone with the clean install. Still vanilla as in no mods, no AI traffic and no live weather, but I could fly. One by one I reintroduced the mods I use (the Working Title G3000 and CJ4 and their G1000 nxi which is installed via content manager) and still no CTD’s.

I updated with the emergency patch, everything crossed that it wouldn’t break anything else, but it didn’t, so I have now added AI and live weather back and still managing CTD free flights.

I have to say that the graphics don’t seem particularly improved although I suspect I’m getting better FPS (I don’t really monitor FPS, just base it on how smooth it feels), and certainly some of the graphics seem a bit flat and washed out. But at least I can fly, and so far all the Working Title mods are working as expected.

(i7 10700K, RTX 3080, 32GB, SSD, Reverb G2 - Win 10)

2 Likes