Issues setting up Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant

the thing i really dont get is that i see it moving in the options menu, but i cannot see it moving in game… the knobs like the engine 1 on/off and crank/engine start are working, only the throttles won;t

now i see at the sides of the quadrant there is a little switch o/| does that do something??

I only received mine yesterday and now I also see those switches which I didn’t change or touch. Mine are set to on ( | ) by default.

FYI, my set-up is like your and works fine. I don’t understand which switch 0/I you have on the sides.
My only switch is on the front side Eng 1&2 and 3&4 . Can you post a pic of it?

I really don’t understand it. Watched a lot of youtube where it all seems to work by itself. Every knob is working on the quadrant but i cannot get the levers to work for some reason.

for the calibration, i just do that in windows don’t i? Not on any particular place? What i do is push the right black button and then enter the usb. then go to toga and push the red buttons, flex red button, clb red button, idle red button and full rev red button and then both black buttons?

Both in the control options and in the windows calibrate window the throttles are recognised. But in the planes itself nothing moves. I also dont see double bindings or something like that

btw the turning black thing on the side also doesnt seem to have influence.

Btw, which A320 are you referring to? If I’m not mistaken the Throttle 1/2 Axis (0-100%) only works for the default Asobo A320 and the FBW A32NX. But if you’re using the Fenix, you might need to bind it to a different Throttle 1/2 Axis. Not sure which one, I haven’t really fly the Fenix. Perhaps try to bind it to a different throttle axis and see if that works.

@NeoKingRthur Yes!! Now we are getting somewhere. I tried the Asobo a320 and it worked.
So thanks for that!!!
Now i’m on the fenix discord to try to find out what and how to do that, because i still cannot find it on youtube or the net

Although i have to tweak the sensitivity, now i have the TCA to work in the FenixA320.

Those throttle settings are very sensitive with the fenix in plane calibration between a little bit of throttle (for taxiing) or just idle.

After some update suddenly all controls are back in the trashbin.
Now i got a lot of the setups back, but the throttle quadrant just won’t calibrate correctly?
I did a complete new install, calibration (usb out, right black button and that stuff from the youtube film)
Then connect a settingto the x and y axis to the controls. I see it working in the control menu, but when i calibrate the fenix in the mcdu the max reverse, reverse idle and idle keep off competely. I just cannot get that correct.

What’s your sensitivity curve in your MSFS Control Profile? Perhaps try it with a linear sensitivity of everything 0% (except for reactivity which should stay at 100%). Then calibrate it using the Fenix tablet.

Apperently it is the change between the cessna and the fenix aircraft what is the issue. Although i choose the fenix setup in the controls menu i have to rebind some of it every time i have used an other aircraft (and control setup).

Why do you need to rebind your controls? Why not just create two separate profiles, one for Fenix, and the other for Cessna, which each having its own bindings and sensitivy setup. So when you switch aircraft, all you need to do is switch the control profile and you’re good to go. No need to rebind it every time you switch aircraft.

I myself have like 4 profiles setup for the TCA Throttle quadrant: A32NX, A330-900neo, PMDG 737, F-35 Lightning II. And everytime I fly with a different aircraft, I just go to my control profile, and use the arrow icons next to the profile name to switch to another profile that matches the aircraft, click apply and I’m good to go.

Well, that’s what i ment. But for some reason when i switch profiles i always have to reset things.

Same weird stuff that i loose al my binding and graphic settings every time there is a new simupdate. World updates are never a problem.

Ahh, well in that case it’s always like that. Sim Update is about introducing new features and functionality to the sim, and this can sometimes involve changing the way that the controls behave previously to make sure the new feature works. An analogy would be, if you want to upgrade your house by adding another storey, you can’t just build one on top of your current house, you need to knock it down, build a stronger foundation then rebuild the first storey before adding the second one.

For me, I always expected that a sim update will change some things. But to me it’s a good thing, it allows me to reorganise and do some “spring cleaning” with the new features implemented and learn and adapt to what the changes are. But I understand that I’m not most people. But it is what it is. We’re no longer live in an environment where a system is static and just the same version all the time. It’s ever changing, and if we are not as adaptable to the ever-changing environment, it’ll give us a hard time trying to cope and catch up with the changes.

Just got the TCA Captains pack - everything seems to be working except the 2 add on sections of the throttle containing the flap and speed brake axis which don’t seem to be showing up at all the MSFS config screen - all axis and buttons(also not showing up in x planes) - is the throttle broken or is there any way to fix it?

You mean the photo of the hardware itself? I think those are just generic photos because the main hardware component itself is the throttle quadrant, the spoilers and flaps are “addons” to the main unit.

If it doesn’t show up as bound, chances are it may not be set up as a default binding to the default profile. All you need to do is manually create/duplicate into a new profile, and manually bind the spoilers and flaps axis. As long as you the white bar also move when you move the levers after you bind it, then it works properly. The picture is irrelevant.

If it doesn’t, check to make sure the connection are properly secured at the bottom of the quadrant. There should be a cable that connects the addons to the main throttle unit that you have to manually attach.

thanks - found the problem - the connections underneath were properly in - everything is showing up now…
only problem I have had - did the factory calibration and its all showing up in the msfs controller section - but when I try and calibrate the throttle in the FBW tablet keep on getting overlap errors (strangely when I reset to default still keeps me giving these errors!) any ideas how to fix it?

When you do a factory calibration on the hardware level, make sure you don’t forget to move the spoilers and the flaps lever at the same level as your throttle. If you only move the throttle lever without moving the spoilers and flaps, the hardware will think that those positions are calibrated at each detent, giving your all those overlapping errors.

Also, when you do the same factory calibration, the red buttons have to be pressed 5x. Not the 4x that the official guide/manual shows. That means you press the red buttons at each of the following positions:

Throttle TOGA + Spoilers UP + Flaps UP = Press red buttons.
Throttle MCT/FLEX + Spoilers 1 + Flaps 1 = Press red buttons.
Throttle CLB + Spoilers 2 + Flaps 2 = Press red buttons.
Throttle IDLE + Spoilers 3 + Flaps 3 = Press red buttons.
Throttle FULL REV + Spoilers Full + Flaps Full = Press red buttons.

Only then you press the two black buttons at the front of the quadrant. If you miss one step of that position, the hardware would also be miscalibrated as well which leads to more overlapping errors.

Hey guys. For some reason I cannot assign the ignition switches. When I turn them on, they don’t respond in the sim even though I’ve tried assigning them to the master engine switches. Any ideas? Thanks!