Issues with Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS One

Hi there
I am having so much trouble with this on my Xbox Series X
Just got my hotas one just a couple hours ago i can do some things but not what it was designed for
I can navigate the xbox menus with hotas 1
I can navigate the menus on MFS as long as i have the controller on aswell
But when i am attempting to fly in the training portion of MFS i have NO imput from anything regarding flying except for changing views pausing and xbox menus on the xbox button
Yes it is switched to xbox on the back
Yes i have disconnected the power cord and hotas 1 and restarted the console but nothin is different
Any help at all is very much appreciated
Thanks

1 Like

I never attempted to use the Hotas One as a means for navigating the UI in the sim.

I always used the Xbox controller and the Hotas One as a pair — each assigned to different roles.

I took the Xbox controller’s control mapping and removed all the flight control surface functions and set up some additional changes for manipulating ATC responses, etc. I would use it for moving the camera and pilot’s position for moving through the aircraft.

I modified the default Hotas One control profile, because it also didn’t quite suit how I wanted it to work.

I suggest you go to Options—>Control Options—>Hotas One and see about how it is currently configured to find some answers to your issues.

Be advised, the sim doesn’t doesn’t function well when more than one peripheral have control surfaces mapped to axis. Knowing this, I’d do as I had done and generate a profile for the Xbox controller that does not have the control surfaces mapped. I’m talking about the elevator, ailerons and rudder to start.

1 Like

I have noticed it is very finicky what is plugged in, at what time, and before what. my best luck has been to turn my console off, plug everything in, and start er back up. then leave it the hell alone.

Hey slid3show, I was reading your reply cause I also have an issue similar. I got my Xbox series x and game pass ultimate that had MSFS included just base MSFS. All was great, mouse hotas with throttle and rudders + key board. I purchased the MSFS premium deluxe version. I uninstalled the standard version and installed the deluxe. Now mouse has nothing the key board nothing, and in the controls menu the hotas + throttle+rudders on the sensitivity screen it says " no information available for sensitivity " basically. The screen doesn’t even have the graphs. Any idea, advise would highly apprec. Ohh , I also did a hard reset to Xbox. Everything came up perfect but the peripherals. Stck, throttle,rudders… apprec…

Ohh plus I really like having the mouse also for the cockpit interaction with the pic on the pov switch on the stick. I had basically all my views on the stick and mouse was the cursor for voom extra. Apprec. This goes with the message earlier for slid3show…

Hello Joyous.
FYI, I started with the deluxe version. Updated to premium. And left the others on. I have Xbox s, soon to update to the X! Have you installed all the updates? That could be the issue.
May have to unistall the sim and do a reinstall. You own them so they are there. You won’t have to buy them again!

Rich

Hello SAMHAUSEN.
Welcome to MSFS. I’m a Co-Pilot in the forum. Retired, so can assist you. Just sent my XBox s in for a trade in for the X series. I have the HOTOS One also, Controller and Mouse. Everything works great.
Add me to your friends list. I’ll add you when I get console.
Also have you downloaded all of the World Updates, from #1 through 13? If not the could be the problem!

Rich

1 Like

My issue wasn’t with the upgrade, and it’s been a bit, but if I remember correctly: Delete all add-on content from the marketplace. Everything besides standard content, basically. Close the game, delete reserved space from the game file. Do a hard reset by holding the power button until the box turns off. Unplug for 20+ seconds(not sure if you still need to do this on the current gen, but I would to be safe) While unplugged, or even before, unplug all peripherals besides your Xbox controller. Start the Xbox and game. Only after a successful loading all the way to the start screen should you plug in your peripherals. Like I said, it seems like a similar, but somewhat different situation, but I hope it works for you. The idea behind it is, some updates or content can apparently spoil the whole folders compatibility with some peripherals, so you’re deleting anything that might conflict, then restarting fresh before trying to plug in your peripherals. If I explained anything wrong, or not in depth enough, I apologize. Also, I know game pass used to not support peripherals at all, so I’m not sure if you could delete and redownload the game altogether, as there might be some issues left over from game pass, but that’s a stretch. I’d call it plan B. Good Luck!

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I did what you mentioned. LIFE SAVER BRO. what ya told me to do… worked right off… GOT my mouse back… All my add ons are back, just 3 planes, lol but man owe ya… Im back in the skies… OWE YA ONE…

Thanks bro… you all are great… I’m back in the skies … Been a huge help… last night was first test flight … 737-300… POSITIVE RATE… THANKS FOR EVERYTHING…

You are very welcome Joyous, glad I could help.
I’ve traded my Xbox S Series in for the Xbox series X. So I’m gonna be offline for awhile. Scheduled to be delivered to trade In facility tomorrow, Monday.

Rich

I have the Hotas one, when I plug into Xbox series x nothing happens. It is on Xbox mode. How do I turn it on and get xbox/ms sim to recognize it?

Good morning QuotableDust.
Welcome to MSFS 2020.
Turn Xbox off, unplug the Hotos One. Make sure the switch is in the Xbox position!
Turn Xbox on, should recognize Hotos One!
I have the same setup. Add me if you like. Will be on for a bit this morning.Im in Alaska.

Rich

1 Like

Do any of you guys have a problem with “twitching”?
My stick is constantly rapidly sending a signal to the right, without me even touching the stick.
And when I touch it, it becomes even worse.

I tried fixing it with increasing the dead zone, but the problem keeps getting worse and the stick is slowly becoming unusable.

Could it be some dust collecting in the joint mechanism or something fixable like that?

Hello.
I have the TM Hotos One. No problems at all. On Xbox X Series. If your on Xbox, turn console off, unplug everything. Plug Flt control back in, make sure switch on back of controller is on Xbox. Turn console back on.

Rich

That’s the first thing I did. It didn’t help.
My guess is it’s a bad potentiometer that detects the roll axis.
Did anybody try to take this thing apart and clean the underlaying mechanism?
Maybe it’s just some dust that’s being collected there.

I just came online to report the exact same issue lol
I first recognized my rudder controls going to the right, without me touching anything. It got even worse when i take off and put autopilot on

I had this issue before sometimes, but maybe it got worse or more frequent since the latest SU14…

When you experience weird stick behaviour, try quit the game, unplug everything, restart console, plug everything back in, restart game, this fixed it for me for the moment

Anyways, sad to see this game is still a hit-or-miss when it comes to game-breaking bugs, i hope the fs2024 next year will be more stable…

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Also a problem here with cloud gaming and mfs trying to use the hotas one. it connects to my computer and you can see it in the device manager but when I try to use xbox cloud gaming on my browser, it only recognises my xbox controller and not the Hotas one.

Please could anyone help me ASAP

It doesn’t help in my case.
The stick is always shaking and it gets worse as the time goes by. Now it’s almost unusable.
I’m afraid I’ll have to try and take it apart.
If I brake it or if I just leave it as it is, it’s going in the trash anyways. But if I take it apart, at least I have a small chance of actually cleaning it and fixing it. :sweat_smile:

Official Xbox controller is the only thing that works on cloud gaming. Can’t use anything else